Expand my Community achievements bar.

HELP with dropdowns!!

Former Community Member
Ok, my previous requests for help have gone unanswered, but it forced me to be able to get my form working PERFECTLY on my own with lots of research and trial/error! But I thank you in advance if you can help me get one final "nice to do" item done on said form.

I have two drop-down fields. Field one is called "Type" and it contains three choices: Premium, Choice, and Basic. Field two is called "Contract Length". Right now, no matter what is selected in the "Type" field, the "Contract Length" field shows the following dropdown selections: 12, 24, 36, 48, 60. What I'd like is to keep it exactly the same (with those 5 Contract Length selections) if "Premium" is selected in the "Type" field, but if "Choice" or "Basic" are selected, I want the "Contract Length" field to show only 12, 24, and 36 in the dropdown selection.

I've tried reading through and looking at samples, but most of the samples seem not to work anymore. I appreciate any help!!!
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Ok, I searched harder in the past discussions and found the reference to the sample purchase order form (that does this type of dropbox change based on another dropbox with country/state). I opened that to look at how it was set up and I still don't get it.

Where are the list of states/provinces coming from in that example?

I really appreciate any help! Now that I've finished the rest of my form, this is driving me batty that I can't figure it out!

Former Community Member
Andrea, were you able to ever get that state/province code working? I'm looking for something similar. I happened to stumble across LiveCycle a few days ago. Thank you in advance for any help offered.

- Viv

Level 7
One can create the drop down list or look under the "Custom" tab of the Library.

Former Community Member
Hi--

Thanks. I know how to create the drop boxes and lists. What I'm wondering is how to get one drop down list to change based on the selection in another. For example, in a list of states, if a customer picks Alabama, then the City dropbox would change to show only cities in Alabama.

I was looking at the purchase order example that comes with Adobe Suite that someone recommended to another poster (for this type of code) but I was having trouble in that example deciphering where the lists came from (not familiar with JavaScript, but I have been able to decipher enough to get the rest of my form working).

I also saw some old samples posted but none seem to work anymore.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.