Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help importing data into a form

Former Community Member
I have a form that I made in Designer 7.0 that pulls information from an SQL database. It works fine on my machine, but on some machines, we get an error that says "Connect Operation Failed - ODBC Driver Manager. Data source name not found and no driver specified". At first we thought it was because the office was using Professional 8.0, but when we rolled them back to 7.0 the problem remained. Here's what the connection piece looks like:

Provider=MSDASQL;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=xxxxxx;Data Source=mssql;Extended Properties="DSN=mssql;Description=sql;UID=xxxxxx;APP=Adobe Designer;WSID=xxxxxx;DATABASE=web";Initial Catalog=web
xxxxxx
xxxxxx

Can someone help me figure out what the problem might be?

Thanks!
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Is the SQL database located on the server? It could be the local machine can't find the DSN.

Level 5
Have you verified that the ODBC connections are set up on the machines that are failing, and that the users at those workstations have rights to the database you are connecting to?

I often use MS/Query in Excel to fire a test query against a datasource to verify the Machine and User are valid to the datasource.

Level 5
DataConnection using DSN is not going to work unless you have DSN defined on each of those machines that you want to use. I will blame on Adobe documentation. It is not detailed enough. This is just a useless option given in designer. Templates designed using other DataConnection methods tend to work good on other machines with no dependency on local settings.

Take Care,

SekharN

Former Community Member
can someone help me how to validate a text field using LC designer8.0

kindly explain with detailed explination.

thanks in advance.

regards,

sudheer.