Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help: Allow Page Breaks Within Content ... (re-posted)

Level 2
was: Allow Page Breaks Within Content not printing

Hi, I apologise for re-posting the same question, but this call for help is getting urgent.. I have just scanned through this list and there are other cases of this issue. I am a beginner with Designer.

]* I have a dynamic form (single page).

]* The Master Page has only the default ContentArea on it.

]* The Body Page contains a small text field within a subform.

]* This subform is set to Flow and Allow Page Breaks.

In Reader, I paste 10 pages of text into this text-field and it grows, adds all the new pages, looks good on screen.

b Problem: When printed, only page one's text-field content is repeated on each page, with the + sign.

Please, help.

Harry
1 Reply

Level 2
I have the solution, with many thanks to the Adobe.com support team (go Lori!), as copied below. Also, thanks to Jimmy Pham, who tested my form as well and suggested the 7.0.5 update. Adobe's suggestion 1, below, made the form work in Reader 7.0.3.

... from the Adobe team:

1. You can use the following work around to check if the form is basically working. Add the following two scripts to the text field which contains rich text. For the prePrint event use the following code line $.access = "readOnly" For the postPrint event use the following code line $.access = "open" Both are in FormCalc and should be executed at the client.

or

2. Actually you can work around the problem (with Reader 7.0.5 at least) but adding a "preprint" and a "postPrint" script that sets the field to read-only(prePrint) and back to read write (postPrint).

or

3. I just tried 7.0.5 with your form and it worked.