Expand my Community achievements bar.

Handling forms with more than one digital signature outside Workspace

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

Following my earlier posts this week, I have hit another challenge.

Scenario: Hiring new staff

Participants: manager, employee, HR-staff (not described in this post)

I have a form that is filled, signed and submitted by a manager (outside Workspace), this form is then sent to the new employee (also outside Workspace) for signing.

Now this is done by having a temp user and a special process that sends out an email to the employee with a re-rendered form. This of course has no signature, so I must somehow get hold of the original document and send this instead.

My problem is now that I am not really sure how I can do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction, maybe there is a smoother way of achieving this?

Also I have to handle the problem of being able to submit the signed document from the employee again (it has already been submitted once by the manager).

If you need more information for understanding the scenario, please poke me and I'll elaborate :)

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely

Kim
3 Replies

Level 10
Kim,

I'm note quite sure I understand the scenario.

The manager send a form to an employee. Is this using an orchestration to render a PDF and send a email?

The employee receives the PDF signs it and send it back to, I guess HR. Is HR also outside of workspace?

You could create a process with an email endpoint that extract the attachment (signed PDF) and send it to HR or do what ever you want with it.

I'm not sure where you problem is.

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again Jasmin,

Sorry for being so inprecise...

First the manager submits a form to LC which he/she has signed, The process is kicked of by a email endpoint, so far so good.

Next I have created a temp user and 2 processes that handle the event "Task Created" (which should send out the original document for signing at the hand of the employee). Also I have created a customised Complete Task process with an email endpoint that handles the form when it gets back from the employee. From here the HR-Staff is doing all the work inside Workspace.

My problem are two fold:

1. In my Task created process I need to get my hands on the original document for the employee. I guess I could store it as a BLOB in a DB with a process_instance_id as the index, and look it up in my Task Created process, but I am not sure whether I like this solution.

2. I somehow need to first sign and submit the form at the manager, and then again sign and submit at the employee. I am not sure how to handle doing to submits on the same form without having two different buttons.

I hope this helps on the understanding.

Happy holidays and a merry Christmas and a happy new year to you.

Sincerely

Kim

Level 10
For #1:

What I've done in the past is to create a custom component (called Task Util) that gives you back the data for a particular task. In you scenario, the tmp user would receives a new task which contains the form. The data for that task is the actual PDF.

The Task Complete event would give you the task id as part of the parameter it sends, so you could use that and get the data associated with this task.

For #2:

You can change the target url of the submit button through script. I'm not sure if that would break your signature though. Are you signing the whole form or just certain fields?

Jasmin