Expand my Community achievements bar.

Handling attachments of the form

Former Community Member
Hello All

I have a scenario where the pdf form has to be emailed to a particular person along with its attachments. I know how to get the pdf form from the process flow (I can use render pdf service).

But how can you get the attachments associated with that pdf form ? so that along with the pdf i can attach the files which are attached to the form.

Thanks

Deepak
16 Replies

Level 3

Hello,

Anybody knows how to do it?

My requirement is:

A user attaches some image files in the workspace while filling the form.  I need to attach these image files when i'm emailing the filled pdf form as an attachment to a user.

How can i do that?  Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Deepak

Former Community Member

Yes it is possible. You would have to get the images out of the task (in the user task, under Attachments and Notes, there is an Output Attachments area that needs a list of documents to hold the inbound attachments). Now that you have the attachments in a list var you can use the Forms RenderPDF service to Render the PDF and add the attachments to the PDF. Note that the RenderpDF service expects the attachments in a map and not a list so you will have to change it from one to the other.

Paul

Level 3

Hello pgurett,

Thanks for your valuable comments.  But still the functionality is not working.

Let me explaing the steps i followed:

1.  Created 2 process variables

OtherAttachmentsList      - Type list - subtype Document

OtherAttachmentsMap     - Type map - subtype Document

2.  On the Assign task, under Attachments and Notes, I have set the output attachment variable to OtherAttachmentList

3.  Before renderPDF, on the Setvalue control i have assigned OtherAttachmentsMap = OtherAttachmentsList.

You have told to convert from list to map.  How i have to do?  I'm simply assigning as above.

4.  On the RenderPDF form control, under attachments, i have set the variable as OtherAttachmentsMap

Now the process is getting stalled at the RenderPDF form step and the exception it is giving is:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer
at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.appendAttachmentsToInputData(FormsDocService.java:724)
at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.renderPDFForm(FormsDocService.java:108)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.doRequiresNew(EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.java:218)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor334.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)
at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)
at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.java:158)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorBMT.invoke(TxInterceptorBMT.java:62)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)
at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)
at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)
at $Proxy164.doRequiresNew(Unknown Source)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:133)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateInterceptor.java:37)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterceptor.java:80)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:113)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:102)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:88)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.vm.VMMessageDispatcher.doSend(VMMessageDispatcher.java:210)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)
at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)
at com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil.invokeAction(PEUtil.java:553)
at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.continueBranchAtAction(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:2863)
at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.asyncContinueBranchCommand(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:2392)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor935.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)
at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.java:158)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorBMT.invoke(TxInterceptorBMT.java:62)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)
at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)
at $Proxy196.asyncContinueBranchCommand(Unknown Source)
at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessCommandControllerBean.doOnMessage(ProcessCommandControllerBean.java:133)
at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessCommandControllerBean.onMessage(ProcessCommandControllerBean.java:94)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor759.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(MessageDrivenContainer.java:475)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor.invoke(MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor.java:101)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:335)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.RunAsSecurityInterceptor.invoke(RunAsSecurityInterceptor.java:94)
at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer.internalInvoke(MessageDrivenContainer.java:389)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.invoke(JMSContainerInvoker.java:1077)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker$MessageListenerImpl.onMessage(JMSContainerInvoker.java:1379)
at org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSession.onMessage(StdServerSession.java:256)
at org.jboss.mq.SpyMessageConsumer.sessionConsumerProcessMessage(SpyMessageConsumer.java:904)
at org.jboss.mq.SpyMessageConsumer.addMessage(SpyMessageConsumer.java:160)
at org.jboss.mq.SpySession.run(SpySession.java:333)
at org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSession.run(StdServerSession.java:180)
at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:743)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)\

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Deepak

Former Community Member

You cannot simply assign a list var to a map var. You will have to iterate through each item in the list and assign it to the map var.

Level 3

Hello pguerett,

Right now I have implemented it for one attachment.

Let me explaing the steps i followed:

1.  Created 2 process variables

OtherAttachmentsList      - Type list - subtype Document

OtherAttachmentsMap     - Type map - subtype Document

2.  On the Assign task, under Attachments and Notes, I have set the output attachment variable to OtherAttachmentList

3.  Before renderPDF, on the Setvalue control i have assigned OtherAttachmentsMap = OtherAttachmentsList.

I have done as you have instructed. (using docAttach, getting filename ...)

4.  On the SendWithMapofDocuments control, under attachments, i have set the attachment variable as OtherAttachmentsMap

i'm doing like this:

/process_data/@docAttach =   /process_data/list[1] --------------- docAttach is a varibale of type document

/process_data/@docName =  getDocAttribute(/process_data/@docAttach, "wsfilename")  -------- docName is of type string

/process_data/@docDesc = getDocAttribute(/process_data/@docAttach, "wsdescription")  --- docDesc is of type string

********Assign it to Map:************

/process_data/mapDoc[@id=/process_data/@docName] = /process_data/@docAttach --- mapDoc is a map subtype document

Now my problem is, I'm getting attachment on the email but the content is not proper.  Can there be any problem with the mime type or the encoding standards?  Or am i missing any configurations?

I even tried with the loop also... it is working fine but the problem is none of the files would be in proper format.  filename, extention, everything will be similar to the docs that i attach but when tried to open it is failing.  Please guide me, where is it getting...

Deepak

Level 3

Hi..

Got it!!!

While testing something i had changed subtype of map to string later i forgot to change back to document...

Deepak

Former Community Member

In the document variables there are attributes that can be set for mimetype etc. .....If you do a record/playback and look at the document you can get the attribute value that needs to be set.

Paul

Level 3

Hi..

I have got my issue resolved....

Thanks for all the members for their valuable suggetions...

Deepak

Level 2

Hi

Im facing the same issue. It would be nice if you provide the code for looping through the attachments and assigning from List to Map variable.

Thanks,

Balaji

Level 2

hi all.

I have tried more than a couple of times the below, i could execute the code with no error but unable to see any attachments ..

Can u pls go thru and update ..

//import the classes that the script references
import java.util.List;
import java.lang.String;
import java.util.Map;
import java.util.HashMap;

import java.io.*;
import java.lang.*;
import java.util.*;

import com.sun.xml.internal.txw2.Document;

try
{
List attachmentListDoc = patExecContext.getProcessDataListValue("/process_data/inputattachments");

Map attachmentMapDoc = new HashMap();

for (int i = 0; i < attachmentListDoc.size(); i++)
{
  //String currentFileName = (String)attachmentListDoc.get(i);
  Document doc = (Document)attachmentMapDoc.get(i);
  attachmentMapDoc.put(i, doc);
  //attachmentMapDoc.put(i, attachmentListDoc.get(i));
}

patExecContext.setProcessDataMapValue("/process_data/attachmentsmap",attachmentMapDoc);
}
catch (Exception e)
{
e.printStackTrace();
}

thanx

Balaji

Level 10

What do you get for attachmentMapDoc.size()?

Does it populate the map properly?

Jasmin

there's a mistake in the line

patExecContext.setProcessDataMapValue("/process_data/attachmentsmap",attachment MapDoc);
}

You have a space in the name of the map variable.

Just out of curiousity, where does e.printStackTrace() get displayed? It might be more useful to, in your catch, save the stack trace to a string variable.

Execute Script is very useful, but also very difficult to debug.

scott

No the above code did not work out ..

I made it work using Iterator - very small code below .. jus for ur reference

import java.util.List;
import java.util.HashMap;
import java.util.Map;
import java.util.Iterator;
import com.adobe.idp.Document;

List attachmentListDoc = patExecContext.getProcessDataListValue("/process_data/inputattachments");

Map attachmentMapDoc = new HashMap();

Iterator it = attachmentListDoc.iterator();

while (it.hasNext()) {

Document attDoc = (Document) it.next();
String name = (String) attDoc.getAttribute("wsfilename");

attachmentMapDoc.put(name,attDoc);
}

patExecContext.setProcessDataMapValue("/process_data/attachmentsmap",attachmentMapDoc);

This converts List to Map successfully. This code helps whoever is in need of.

thanx

Balaji

Level 2

Kindly mark the discussion as Answered.

Regards,

Waqas

Level 3

how can i do that, i'm not finiding any way to that...!!

Level 9

Hi

A simpler way to convert a list to a map, or a map to a list, and various other operations, is to use our CollectionUtils component.

Here: http://avoka.dnsalias.com/confluence/display/Public/Collection+Utilities+DSC

Download here: http://www.avoka.com/avoka/escomponents.shtml

Howard