Handle Complex objects on WSDL!

31-12-2008

Hi

I am new to Adobe LiveCycle and trying the trail version. I did have a web service which has a web method that accepts a Person with order collection object as well as it out puts the same.
Here is my person object:

Name,Age,Order[]

Order has ID,Item

When i try to make a data connection and drag and drop fields on to the form, For Order[] It is not holding all the collection values. It is just sending the last collection element values in the order[0]. Always on webservice I am getting ORder[0] element only.

Am I missing something on PDF Forms to set? Can Any one guide me,please?

thanks

Here is my WSDL Types:

-
-

-
-
-

-
-
-

-
-
-
-

-
-
-

-
-
-

-
-
-

Replies

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

05-01-2009

PDF Forms only support simple types through a web service interface.

Tomaž_K_

Tomaž_K_

Tomaž_K_

12-01-2009

So where does that leave us?

Are you saying that there's no way to access a web service with complex input and output messages? Not even with custom written Javascript?

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

13-01-2009

There is no way to create the complex object on the client side. You cannot do a:

var test = new complexObjectType

so I do not see how you can define this new obejct on the client.

Tomaž_K_

Tomaž_K_

Tomaž_K_

14-01-2009

Is it possible to do this with the help of an arrray?

I'm trying to access a web service with document/literal encoding. The problem is that both input and output messages are of complex type.

I also tried using SOAP.connect instead of SOAP.request. I managed to pass a string to my web service and successfully receive the response. So I guess I'll have to go with that.

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

14-01-2009

Strings and simple types are all that you can use.

14-01-2009

Thanks for your reply.

Well,Here is the way I got the Complex Type "Person" using PDF (ADOBE LIVECYCLE DESIGNER 8.2),which i mentioned above.

I did drag and drop Name,Age.

And for Order Complex Type - > What I did is I create a sub form and drag ID & Item column into that subform. And bind Subform using object window ->Binding ->"Import/Export Binding (Execute)" to Order object which is in Request. And copy this the number of times that i need on the form.

When I clicked on Execute button the Web Service is getting the appropriate Order collection.

As I said,I am newbie to PDF forms. I have no idea how to bind this using code/script. I will let you guys figure out this.

Hopefully this helps.