Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Getting Incorrect result--XPATH to Get Number of Pages

Level 3
Hello Developers,

I'm getting incorrect results when using Livecycle XPath to get the number of Page node in
the following xml(Got the xml document by invoking DDX): (in test data getting value 0 instead of 3)

[1] the xml
[PID:-1] /process_data/xtextinfo - XML Document:

Document starting Clause - 1 this is clause 1 . clause - 2 this is clause 2 clause - 3 this is clause 3 clause - 4 form 1
PHFORM1PH this is clause 4
clause - 5 this is clause 5 clause 7 This is clause 7 document All done .

[2] the process variable
xtextinfo : xml

[3] the xpath to set the variable (variable is xnrpages : int ) to the number of Page elements in the xml document

count( /process_data/xtextinfo/DocText/TextPerPage/Page )

[4] value in the log

[PID:-1] /process_data/@xnrpages - java.lang.Integer: 0
2008-05-20 14:24:27,029 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.variablelogger.VariableLoggerService]
2008-05-20 14:24:27,029 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.variablelogger.VariableLoggerService]

[5] I am getting a value of 0; I expected to get a value of 3 (three Page element in the XML document).

Let me know if you see the error I'm making.

Thanks,
Jesse
2 Replies

Level 10
It's because you have a namespace in your xml and all the nodes inherit that default namespace.

Here's what you need to do:

- Add that namespace to the properties of your process (under Properties/Advanced from the processes view). You can use any prefix i.e. tmp.

- Add that prefix to your xPath expression. Your xPath will look like:

count( /process_data/xtextinfo/tmp:DocText/tmp:TextPerPage/tmp:Page )

Jasmin

Level 3
Hello Jasmin,

Will do. Thank you.

Jesse