Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Get exception event properties for add them in an error e-mail

Former Community Member
Hello,

I made a process with Workbench ES that uses a GeneratePDFService service (CreatePDF operation) which convert TIFF files into PDF files.

I've used an exception event to handle each exception that can be caught : SystemException, ConversionException, InvalidParameterException and FileFormatNotSupportedException.

I have configured each exception event as following :

- No filter

- Callback - Process Data Map :

/process_data/@exceptionName = /Exception/FaultName

/process_data/@exceptionSource = /Exception/FaultSource

/process_data/@exceptionMessage = /Exception/FaultMessage

Where exceptionName, exceptionSource and exceptionMessage are process string variables (not input, output or required variables).

I have linked an EmailService service (Send With Document operation) on Exception events output and have used these variables in my body e-mail content as following :

Exception : {$ /process_data/@exceptionName $}

Exception source : {$ /process_data/@exceptionSource $}

Exception message : {$ /process_data/@exceptionMessage $}

So the problem is that there is blank instead of my variable value in my e-mail !

Can somebody help me to solve this issue? Thanks
5 Replies

Former Community Member
the variables exceptionName, exceptionSource and exceptionMessage haveto be marked as "input" so that they get populated

mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Former Community Member
Thanks for your answer.

I marked the variables as "input" and saved the process but, unfortunately, I get the same problem.

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I am trying to do the same thing, and my process works when I have set the variables as input.

However I would like to have more info on which process that exception comes from, the stack trace and so on.

How can I obtain these values?

Sincerely

Kim

Level 10
Unfortunately you can't tell from which process they come. You would have to create your own custom event to get that information.

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
OK, I was suspecting this.

However I have found out that I can get the ActionID and the taskID by a notification in the AdminUI. SO now I just get two emails whenever an exception is thrown. I will dig into creating my own event in the near future.

Sincerely

Kim