Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Gateway and routes

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I hope you can help me understanding gateways a little better.

I am trying to build a workflow where I need to diverge the flow to two different departments. Therefore I chose the gateway for this task (I guess thats what the gateway is supposed to do). In one of the "parallel" barnches I need to assign a task to a user and this user should send an answer form to the process creator.

The flow routes go from the "branch begin" state to the "assign task" activity and then to the "branch end" state. However when I choose the properties for the "assign task" activity I see no route to the "branch end" state. Therefore the label on thew button on my form (in Workspace) stays as "Complete" instead of the "Send form" that I created as the name of the branch (in the gateway).

Furthermore when I click "Complete" in Workspace the form gets stuck in the flow.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Dafolo A/S

Denmark
5 Replies

Level 10
I'm not sure I understand the issue properly. If you select the "Initialize task with route name" option under Routes and Priority, then you should see the name of the route that goes to the end of the gateway in the workspace interface.

If that really doesn't work, then you can add an intermediate "Decision Point" service and have a route go from the User service to that Decision Point. Then have the Decision Point go to the end of the gateway.

Let me know if I misunderstood the issue.

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again Jasmin,

You understand the issue correctly. I used a "Set Value" activity instead of an "Decision Point" and then it worked perfectly. However I don't understand why the User Assignment cannot "see" the end branch/join gateway. In short, I don't think it should be necessary with an extra activity, is this a known bug or just a glitch?

Thanks for the help by the way

Kim Christensen

Dafolo A/S

Denmark

Level 10
That looks like a bug to me. It's minor, but still a bug.

Jasmin

Level 2
Hi all,

I have similar problem. My process has a decision point in the gateway. There are two options on decision point. When i set the conditions on these routes workbench creates another route to the end of gateway automatically?

What can i do?

Thanks in advance

Murat Kuru

Medyasoft/Türkiye

Former Community Member
Workbench automatically creates routes to the end of the gateway according to the logic in the conditions. This happens so that a route that exits the gateway is guaranteed. The following topic explains the logic behind it (hope it helps):

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/000167.html

Do you want an operation inside the gateway to be a final operation in the process?

scott