Expand my Community achievements bar.

FormCalc

Former Community Member
I am a fairly new Adobe 9/Livecycle user. I was SO HAPPY when I got FormCalc to work and successfully calculate totals on my first page, however, when I got to page 2 and tried my first formula to get subtotal, I got the following message:

script failed (language is formcal;context is xfa(o).form(topmostsubform(o)page2(0.total)script = sum(subtotalllc+subtotallp)error;accessor "subtotalllc is unknown".

I went back in, checked everything, deleted and re-did text field and nothing works. Any help out there?
6 Replies

Former Community Member
it just means that the field you referenced (subtotalalllc) cannot be found ...is there a typo in the field name? Field names are case sensative as well.

Former Community Member
Also try capitalizing the "S" in the Sum() function.

Former Community Member
Not fixed. I am perplexed.

I went back in and re-checked all spelling, including caps, even copy/pasted formulas that worked...wouldn't work....then re-typed all from scratch. They all work UNTIL I get to the first Form Calc on page my second page. Almost like Form Calc is not recognizing any script/formulas from the first page. Any other fix its out there?

Former Community Member
Send the form to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.

Former Community Member
Sending now. Might be a total mess. I am a neophyte at Livecycle and now obsessed w/ figuring out this program.

I am now pretty certain I don't have formula right to pick up from any subtotals and/or calc's from previous page. Thanks again.

Kate

Former Community Member
Kate,

Are the forumlas on your 2nd page referencing fields on the first page, that's most likely the problem then. If so, and your first page is called 'page1', then you'll need to reference that in your formula such as

Sum(page1.subtotalllc+page1.subtotallp)