Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Form Server Render Form

Former Community Member
I am trying to Render a simple HelloWorld .xdp file with the Adobe LiveCycle Workflow Fields on it in order to email it out threw the Email with Attachments QPac. Here are my input and output fields:

INPUT

Form Query: /Forms/HELLOWORLD.xdp

Form Preference: PDF

Content Root URI: xappstore://livecycle

User Name: Administrator

Password: ********

OUTPUT

output document: /process_data/@myDoc

page count: /process_data/@myCount

page number: /process_data/@myPage

I do have all Variables declared within the designer.

When I run the workflow it stalls out at the the Render Form Qpac with this error...

com.adobe.formServer.interfaces.RenderFormException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.formServer.client.EJBClient.renderForm(EJBClient.java:357)

at com.adobe.formserver.wfplugin.RenderForm.RenderFormService.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil.executeAction(PEUtil.java:184)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.continueBranchAtAction(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:2320)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.asyncContinueBranchCommand(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:1903)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1009.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:683)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:185)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:84)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.java:144)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorBMT.invoke(TxInterceptorBMT.java:62)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:72)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:120)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:191)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer.internalInvoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:331)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:723)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:359)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:83)

at $Proxy259.asyncContinueBranchCommand(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessCommandControllerBean.onMessage(ProcessCommandControllerBean.java:115)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor527.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(MessageDrivenContainer.java:458)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:185)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor.invoke(MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor.java:62)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:84)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:315)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:148)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.RunAsSecurityInterceptor.invoke(RunAsSecurityInterceptor.java:90)

at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer.internalInvoke(MessageDrivenContainer.java:372)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.invoke(JMSContainerInvoker.java:914)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker$Message
23 Replies

Level 9
Hi Matt

You're defining the form template to use, but you're not defining the data to merge into the form.

To specify this, enter "XML Input Data" pointed at a form variable, as follows:

{$ serialize(/process_data/my_form/form-data/data/*, false) $}

XML Input Data should probably be marked as a mandatory field, because I don't believe you can use this QPAC without having valid input data.

The clue from your stack trace is the null pointer exception, indicating that some value that you're supposed to pass is null.

By the way, the page count and page number fields don't seem to be mandatory, even though they're marked as such.

Howard

Howard Treisman

Avoka Technologies

Specializing in Custom QPAC development and LiveCycle Solutions

http://www.avoka.com/avoka/qpac_library.shtml

Former Community Member
I added {$ serialize(/process_data/formIn/form-data/data/*, false) $} to the Input XML Data field but i'm still getting a NullPointerException error. Is their anything else that I could try or any information I could give you to help further in this matter?

Level 9
Hi Matt

A couple of suggestions:

1. Have you set the JNDI_ProviderURL in the deployment settings for this QPAC? It should be set to localhost:1099 (or your server's hostname)

2. I noticed that you're using xappstore://livecycle for you content root uri. Is "livecycle" the name of your server? I use: xappstore://localhost. This is usually the correct value unless you're running Workflow on a different server to Form Manager.

I hope this helps...

Howard

Howard Treisman

Avoka Technologies

Level 9
Hi Matt

Some QPACs have deployed properties, that you set once only when you initially deploy the QPAC. To get to the deployment properties, right click on on the QPAC in the component Palette, select Component Properties, and click on the Deployment Settings tab.

Howard

Howard Treisman

Avoka Technologies

Former Community Member
Other suggestions include stripping off the leading slash in the Form Query. Passing form data is not mandatory.

Level 9
Hi

I was wondering whether you ever got this going. I hit exactly the same error you're getting on a different installation, although I've definitely had success previously.

I'll look into it more, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Howard

Former Community Member
Hi,

Did anybody sort this problem completely? I am facing exactly the same problem here.

My settings are -

Form Query - Forms/RealEstate_WF.xdp

Form Preference - PDF

Input XML Data - {$ serialize(/process_data/indata/form-data/data/*, false) $}

Content Root URI - xappstore://localhost

User Name-Administrator

Password - ********

Output Document - /process_data/@finalform (finalform is a Document type variable)

I also have set the JNDI_ProviderURL to localhost:1099.

Thanks and regards,

Shivajiv.

Level 9
Try this:

http://www.avoka.com/betaqpacs/QPAC_RenderPlus.jar

Please let me know if it works for you (or if it doesn't)!

Howard

Former Community Member
Hello -

Also - could you provide the exact error you are seeing. I suspect you might be getting a different error resulting from your form URL not starting with a "/". Add a leading slash and see if it helps, and if it does not could you post the error? thanks!

Will

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have too problems to undestand how does the RenderForm QPac works. So, I have tested yours but doesn't note any data field? So is it possible to import xml data with the Avoky QPac?

Thanks

Former Community Member
Howard - Your QPAC worked for me I and I was able to generate a PDF attachment for the emailattachment QPAC which I am using after the PDF attachment generation process. Thanks for the same.

Will - my error log looks like this -

com.adobe.formServer.interfaces.RenderFormException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.formServer.client.EJBClient.renderForm(EJBClient.java:357)

at com.adobe.formserver.wfplugin.RenderForm.RenderFormService.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil.executeAction(PEUtil.java:184)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.continueBranchAtAction(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:2320)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.asyncContinueBranchCommand(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:1903)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:683)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.java:144)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorBMT.invoke(TxInterceptorBMT.java:62)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:72)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:120)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer.internalInvoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:331)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:359)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:83)

at $Proxy312.asyncContinueBranchCommand(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessCommandControllerBean.onMessage(ProcessCommandControllerBean.java:115)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor328.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(MessageDrivenContainer.java:458)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor.invoke(MessageDrivenInstanceInterceptor.java:62)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:315)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:148)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.RunAsSecurityInterceptor.invoke(RunAsSecurityInterceptor.java:90)

at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer.internalInvoke(MessageDrivenContainer.java:372)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.invoke(JMSContainerInvoker.java:914)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker$MessageListenerImpl.onMessage(JMSContainerInvoker.java:1208)

at org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSession.onMessage(StdServerSession.java:276)

at org.jboss.mq.SpyMessageConsumer.sessionConsumerProcessMessage(SpyMessageConsumer.java:871)

at org.jboss.mq.SpyMessageConsumer.addMessage(SpyMessageConsumer.java:159)

at org.jboss.mq.SpySession.run(SpySession.java:347)

at org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSession.run0(StdServerSession.java:200)

at org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSession.run(StdServerSession.java:180)

at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:748)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

Please let me know where I am going wrong.

Thanks and regards,

Shivajiv.

Former Community Member
Hello -

I believe you are perhaps missing the JNDI Configuration settings. These are located in the QPac Configuration properties - that you setup when you deploy the QPac. You should also be able to modify these values by viewing the component properties in the component view in Designer.

I believe the Documentation for the RenderForm QPac outlines what you must specify for the different app-servers.

Good luck!

Will

Level 9
Hi

At the moment, the RenderPlus QPAC only allows for form variables to be merged in with the xdp template.

We can look at adding support for XML variables as well. If this is of value to you, please let me know.

Thanks,

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hi Will,

You were absolutely right. I was missing the JNDI Configuration setting. Now the RenderForm QPAC works fine for me. Thanks a lot for all your help.

Thanks and regards,

Shivajiv.

Level 9
Hi Pilet

I didn't get a response from you regarding merging XML into the RenderPlus QPAC (it only does a form variable at the moment).

If you do need XML, please let us know.

Howard

Former Community Member
Hi,

Yes, it were really grat to be able to import xml data into a Form to initalize it before sending.

Thanks

Denis

Former Community Member
Howard, did you plan to enhance the RenderPlus QPAC to merge XML data in a form template?

Or did you already do it? :-)

Steve

Former Community Member
Howard, where can we buy a License for RenderPlus? Unfortunately I didn't find it in Avoca's QPAC library.

Regards,

Steve

Level 9
Hi Steve

Sorry about the omission.

Please send an email to sales "at" avoka.com, and they'll let you know.

We've also been updating it to handle xml as well as form variables - we'll post the new version asap.

Thanks,

Howard