Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Form not submitting changes

Former Community Member
Hi

1.In my process: a form is filled in.

2.then data removed and put into new PDF(deferent template)

3.user select option from drop down box (in new PDF)

4 submits PDF

5 new process start that see what option was selected.

6 and does what needed for the option

my problem is when user submits the second PDF the option

value is not submitted. And my second process cant do anything.

Thanks

Alvin
5 Replies

Level 10
How is your second process being started (Email, EJB, WebService, etc)? Do you have an IN variable for that second process?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
hi jasmin

the problem is the xml i get out of "exportData" from second pdf is still the old without any changes(form "select" to selected option)

second process is started from by costume component that drops xml into a watched folder(need to start multiply instances of it)

thanks

Alvin

Edit: same form i had the complete button not working

Former Community Member
When i tick "form must be saved" the complete button disappear if that helps

Level 10
So if I understand properly everything is working except the xml file that gets dropped in the watched folder doesn't contain the right data because the exportData operation doesn't seem to export the right data when the user select a different option.

Do I understand the problem right?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
no the "(document)" variable isn't returning the option the user selected but the data what was imported is returned correct lie.

Changed system to use only XFAForm variable its working now i am getting the selected option from my drop down.

Had to change all my XML structures from xfa:datasets/xfa:data to

FIELDS_

Assign Task works fine with XFAForm.

Thanks for all the help Jasmin

Alvin