Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Form is not moving to the next step but just saving in Drafts

Former Community Member
The used version of Livecycle ES was deployed from 8.0.3190.1.380442.16_JBoss_EFGJ_DVD.zip

User pdf form and process using form were developed using this Livecycle version. Than the process was deployed.

The process is invoked by form submittion in ES Workspace.

However after form submittion form is not moving to the next step but just saving in Drafts.

No errors, history records or stalled processes and tasks are appearing.
14 Replies

Level 10
Are you sure you have a submit button on your form?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Of course I`m sure! I can say you even more, the same process is working correctly on the other PC. On my PC it used to be working but now I have the problem described above :(

Level 10
Check the version of Acrobat or Reader on the two machines. Are they different?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
No, they are the same!

Here is detailed description of my bug:

The problem that I can easily start the process but the first step is invalid. I setup the taskmanager endpoint and its security then I proceed to the workspace, login as any user, for example rstevens, and then I find an end point in new processes. I click on it, form appears and I fill in the form and click on submit button. When I login as the user of Insurance group and I see no new todos for the group. Also I've tried to setup the first step to assign the task not to the group but to one user only. And I login as this user and I see no new todo.

But when I login as the process creator I see the form I filled with all filled data in the drafts folder! I could click again submit but the result is the same. No todos in users workspaces assgned by the first step of process and when I login again to process creator I see that form appears in drafts.

The process was checked on the same Livecycle configuration installed on Ms Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1 and result is the same. Also it is the same for the any process with "Assign task" step and taskmanager endpoint.

Level 10
I'm back to my original question. I think something is wrong with your submit button.

Can you verify that the button is in fact of type submit. Click on the button in Form Designer and check under Object and make sure the control type is of type Submit.

Also make sure the first step in your process is set to be the Start step (you'll see a green arrow).

Are you using a xdp or a pdf? Which render service are you using to render the form in workspace?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hello Jasmin,

It seems to me that with my Submit button everything is OK. And all its parameters are exactly as you mentioned:

Type -> Button

Caption -> Button

Appearance -> Raised Border

Highlighting -> Push

Rollover Caption -> empty

Down Caption -> empty

Control Type -> Submit

Im using pdf form and Default render service.

And of course first step in my process is Start step (in process view it starts with green arrow)

Level 10
Ok. Everything looks good so far.

I just did a quick test here. I created a new PDF form with Designer. Added a few fields and a submit button and saved it as dynamic PDF.

Create a new process and a variable of type Document Form and pointed to that PDF in the repository. That worked for me.

Have you changed any settings under Advance Settings for the Document Form variable, more specifically around the submit service?

Can you try with another simple PDF form (few fields and a submit button) to see if you get the same results. I'm just wondering if it's related to the PDF.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hello Jasmin

Of course we tried to create different PDF forms simple and not very simple but the result was the same. Even we tried to work with dynamic and static PDF but it doesn`t have influence to the result.

As for the Advanced Settings around Submit service, I didnt change it.

Level 10
What browser/version Reader are you using?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Can you check the status of the process in process manager. Search for all running process and check if your process is listed in the list of running process

Former Community Member
reader 8.0.1, browser - MS Internet Explorer 6.0.3790.1830

Former Community Member
TO WorkflowUser:

process is active but it has no running instances even if I try to run the process form just saves to drafts and no instance of the process is created.

Former Community Member
To Jasmin Charbonneau:

We tried to create a new process and a variable of type Document Form and pointed to that PDF in the repository but it doesn`t change anything. We have same problems with Document Form also.

Former Community Member
Just wondering if theres been a resultion to this issue? I'm having the same problem, and I've tried restarting my server as well which doesn't seem to do anything. The VERY simple lca that i exported from one computer doesn't seem to work on another.