Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Form Guide / Webservice Call / PDF View

Former Community Member
I designed a PDF Form with LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2. The Form has a WSDL dataconnection which can be submitted in the designer pdf preview tab as well as in acrobat. Now I like to provide a form guide for this PDF Form. I defined the menu structure and added some fields. In the guides configuration menu (submit from form guide) I declared the PDF’s submit button as the Trigger for the guides Send button. I start the preview, form guide is rendered, everything fine so far … problem: send button is not working. I am not using Forms – tested only in form guides preview mode. I don’t have the Reader installed, just the Acrobat 9 extended full version. Any ideas why the connection is not working in the form guide? Maybe you cannot submit something in preview mode?

A quick solution for this is maybe to toggle the view to PDF at the and of the form guide and submit the data directly from the pdf. How do I get the buttons to the topbar in form guide, to switch to PDF Layout? I have seen them there but they don’t appear anymore. Do I have to apply a special layout in design mode?

Many thanks.

phil
9 Replies

Former Community Member
The web serice will not work from the Guide. You can do a web service call if you render from the server and you state that the WS is to be done server side but that is it.

Former Community Member
Thanks Paul,

I deployed the form to the repository and set up a simple process which shows up the form for a certain user in the workspace.

still don't get the embedded web service call (dataconnection) to work.

I have attached a button to the form with java script code to execute the dataconnection on "click" on server side. still not working.

any ideas.

thanks,

phil

Former Community Member
Is this an LC web service or one of your own? I am wondering if it is a secure web service and we haven;t dealt with the security aspect of it.

Former Community Member
It's my own .NET webservice, no security issue. The webservice works if I submit the PDF form out of Acrobat.

this is the code for the button (JavaScript, Server)

xfa.connectionSet.Datenverbindung.execute (true);

the button doesn't work in the form guide rendered in Workspace ES (execute not supported server side??)

Former Community Member
Which version of LiveCycle are you running? Also there is an application called FormsIVS that will allow you to test your Form Guide without using workspace. Are you familiar with it? If so try it from there to see if it is workspace or a probkem with the server side WS call. If not let me know and I will describe how to use it.

Former Community Member
hi paul.

i am running LC ES 8.2 and it seems that there is no IVS sample.

i am just trying around with different solution e.g. using a XSD as the data connection instead of the WSDL an invoke my service from within the actual process.

no results by now ;(

cheers,

phil

Former Community Member
FormsIVS is there but you have to deploy it yourself. If you look in Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\deploy there is a file called adobe-forms-ivs-jboss.ear (assuming you are using JBoss). Take this file and drop it into the JBoss deploy folder. It will expand out in the tmp/deploy folder. Follow the folder structure down to the forms directory. You can put your XDP in there. Now you can access the FormsIVS interface to run your tests. The URL is: http://hostname:port/FormsIVS

It is case sensitive. Try testing your form through this interface and see if the WS works.

Former Community Member
hi paul,

thanks so far. the xdp is working in the IVS with form guides. I can invoke the service from the guide using the guides standard submit button on the final page.

If i deploy this xdp to the repository and render it as a user-task in the process using Render Form Guide ES Update1 this submit button does not appear.

any submit buttons i attach manually to the guide (script based or standard execute button from wsdl data connection) are not working.

any ideas how to get the guides submit button to show up in workspace as well?

thanks,

phil

Former Community Member
Thats because the submit button is being taken over by the workspace chrome (the flex app around the Guide that allows the user to hit the Submit in the bottom right corner). Which guide Layout are you using. There is one created specifically for workspace. Are you using that one?