Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Form guide --> linkink items of combobok to datas

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm trying to link the values of a combobox to the datas using the standard link function of LC Designer (specify item values).

It seams that the form guide can only take the design time values. In fact, all my binded comboboxes are coming without any element (the pdf show in the same time some elements in the list). Is it a knowned limitation of formguide? Do somebody know some workaround?

Thanks You

Denis
3 Replies

Former Community Member
It will only work in a Guide if you have a schema defined for your form data bindings.

Former Community Member
Paul,

First, thank you very much to have taken the time to help me!

I have form linked to an XML schema. But the linked datas are not taken as list datas in form guide (it's working fine in PDF). My lists are using "Specify item values" to dipose of a couple id-value for each item. Could it be the cause?

Thank You

Denis

Former Community Member
The more I think about this the less I think it is going to work for you. The values in the dropdown are populated from the DD definition in the template file....not at run time. When the guide is run, the dropdown is populated dynamically and those values are NOT pushed to the guide. The guide dropdown does not support the dynamic binding that you are trying to do.

You could interpret the result from the returned data and write a script to populate it yourself.