Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form Fields not Holding Data or not displaying data

Former Community Member
I'm new to LiveCycle, but created a simple, static, one-page form. I can open it & enter data in the fields just fine in Acrobat 9 Pro. When I save it to disk, & then open it again, ALL of the fields appear to be blank & contain no data. Yet, when I'm in the process of opening the file, the preview window to the right, clearly shows the data that I just entered in the field. Why is my data seemingly disappearing when I open a form created w/ LiveCycle ES in Acrobat 9 Pro?
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Not sure what you mean by the preview Window to the right. Can you post you csaved form to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.

Former Community Member
There is a preview window (thumbnail) in the "File, Open" dialog box of Acrobat 9 Pro.

Former Community Member
Ok I see .....it works fine for me. Can you send me the form and I will have a look.

Former Community Member
Hi folks, in case anyone else has this issue, I want to let everyone know that Paul solved my problem, pointing out that I was placing all of my design elements on the Master page; repeating elements go there, but my data fields should have appeared on a page in the Design pages; now that they do, the form works as expected, retaining & displaying data properly. Thank you very much Paul!

Former Community Member
Paul, thanks for your hard work!

Michael, thank you for posting the solution/result. It should solve my problem as well.