Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Form Distribution w/ Multiple Submit Buttons

Former Community Member
I have created a form with multiple submit buttons. The submit buttons submit the form in a PDF format to a specific email address.

I am getting an error when trying to "Distrubute" the forms to create a data set for data collection. The error message says that it can not create the form because it has multiple submit buttons that have different formats or submit URL's.

Can anyone offer a solution to this problem? I just want to be able to distribute the form and allow the user to select one of the multiple submit buttons based on their specific criteria.

Thanks.
2 Replies

Level 2
I have a similar problem that might be solved by the same kind of solution:

I've created a drop-down list with about ten choices and would like to have the form emailed upon completion to different combinations of addresses. E.g. if choice 1 is selected, the form shall be send to emails A, B, C; if choice 2 is selected, it shall go to emails A, D, E; if choice 3 is slected it shall go to emails A, C, F; and so on. Would anyone know if this is possible in LiveCycle Designers, and if so, how to script this?

Level 2
The problem is that the Form Distribution Wizard only accepts a single email address for the return data. Unfortunately this cannot be changed because the Wizard also applies Reader-enabling to the form so it can't be changed later.

As a work around you can try using the Wizard to create the collection DataSet, but not send out the form. Instead send out your original form with the multiple return addresses. Be sure to Reader Enabled the form for "Form" and "Save" rights, and make sure the submit is returning the entire PDF. When the files come back from the users you'll have to manually add them into the data collection.