Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form Display in Workspace To Do

Former Community Member
We have LiveCycle ES. As part of our workflow process, different persons review a document and make a decision on what happens next.

We are hearing from users that it is difficult for them to read all the information on the form in the screen window it appears in. While they can zoom in to particular portions of the form, they really would like to be able to maximize the form to fill the whole screen. However, there are frames on the top and left of the workspace than cannot be minimized.

Does anyone know of a way in which we can help the users see more of the form? Their workaround is to print the form on paper, and this reduces the benefit of our electronic workflow.
13 Replies

Level 10
It won't help you now, but the next version of the product (coming soon) will allow you to see the form full screen.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks - it's very helpful to know that the feature has been identified and planned for the next version. Is the version you refer to "LiveCycle ES Update 1"?

Level 3
Is there a way to get the Form Guide to display maximized by default in LiveCycle ES Update 1 ??

Level 10
Yes. There is a button now (on the top right) that allows you to see the form in full screen.

Jasmin

Level 3
I think you mis read my question Jasmin.

I know we can manually maximize it but when I click on the process in Workspace I would like my form guide to open in a maximizd state for the user.

Level 10
You mean automatically? Then you would have to customize workspace to be able to do that.

Jasmin

Level 1

Is there a way to do this in Workspace ES2 yet?

It would be really handy to be able to launch a guide in a seperate window with just the guide maximized.

Former Community Member

In ES2 you can configure the UserService steps to automatically open the form in Full Screen mode or not.  I think it the User Interface section of the properties when viewing the process in Workbench.

But there is nothing in ES2 about opening it in a separate window.

Jon

Level 1

I don't necesarily mean in a separate window, I just mean can I load the initial process start form fullscreen by default (especially

when directly linking to it using the startEndpoint query string).

I found the references to task process forms opening fullscreen but there doesn't seem to be a way to set it on the initial guide form.

Former Community Member

The ability to set this on Workspace StartPoints has already been added in ES2 SP1 code stream but SP1 is still under construction and not publicly available yet.

Level 1

Thanks Jon,

Any approximate timeframe for the release SP1? (ie. what month or quarter)

Former Community Member

The word from above says SP1 will be made available in the April timeframe.