Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

form compatibility issues

Former Community Member
When I create a form using Adobe Professional, anyone with Adobe Reader cannot save the form after entering info into it. Does anyone know a way around this issue?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I believe you have to go into Acrobat Professional and choose Advanced from the menu, then 'Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader' to enable them to save information in a form.

Former Community Member
I don't see that option under the advanced menu. I do however see an option under the comments menu that says "enable for commenting in Adobe Reader." I did try this option but it only allows the user to place comments on the form and they cannot fill out the form.

Any other suggestions you might have? Thanks for your help!!!

Former Community Member
I've been dealing with the same issue and I found that when I went into the Advanced menu and selected to enable the usage rights, it said that the file already had them. I did a "save a copy" which removed the rights and then re-issued the rights with the Advanced menu. The file seems to be functioning fine in Reader, I was able to enter data into the fields, close the file and it was still there when I reopened it.

Using Acrobat Pro 8 and Reader 8