Highlighted

Flex + Livecycle + states, without workspace

01-12-2008

Hi All,

I'm beginning with livecycle Workbench.

I need develope a process in Workbench, but the customer does not want to use the workspace.

There are 3 flex application that they will send data to process management. The Flex application, is outside workspace.

In the process I must have states that hope that the Flex application causes that they follow.

Please, How Can I do it?

How my Flex App talk with the process management (outside Workspace)?

How I would have design the tasks in the workbench?

(I'm beginning)

Thanks very much

María.

Replies

Highlighted

JendaDH

26-03-2009

Hi,

I am facing simillar issue. You can call tasks (processes) over the WSDL from flex. I can manage short-lived well, however, I am struggling with the long-live as it is async.

I guess that I can invoke the process from flex, however, I can not get back the invokationID or the JobID.

Anyone could help?

Thanks

J.
Highlighted

pguerett

26-03-2009

The Long lived process will give you back a process ID. You then need to make subsequent calls to the wsdl using different methods (i.e. Status, Result etc) and use the process ID as input.
Highlighted

JendaDH

26-03-2009

Hi Paul,

I seem to be unable (with my knowledge) to get back the processID. I do invoke the WSDL with the invoke_Async() method, but I do not know how to get the result back in Flex.

I did use the import WSDL function in Flex Builder3 and have this button click function:

public function clickbtn():void

{

var myService:TestidService = new TestidService();

myService.invoke_Async();

//I assume that I either have to add event listener, or invoke another request for the process ID

}

Could you please share some code with me if possible?

Thanks a lot in advance.

J.
Highlighted
Highlighted

JendaDH

26-03-2009

Hi Paul,

it seems that the method invoke_async() itself can be assigned to AsyncToken from RPC services, but I have no clue how to handle that object...
Highlighted

Steve_L_Walker

26-03-2009

Maria,<br /><br />I would recommend taking a look at<br /><br />http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?&accessible=true<br /><br />Invoking LiveCycle ES Using APIs > Invoking LiveCycle ES Using LiveCycle Remoting<br /><br />There is nothing special about a Flex app calling LiveCycle. It goes something like this:<br /><br />1. You build a long-lived process in Workspace ES. Let's call the process 'FlexToWorkspace'. The process includes an input variable of type 'xml' (or whatever format you prefer) and name it 'vendorData', a SetValue operation to get the input xml, and an Assign Task operation. <br /><br />2. You build a Flex and define a remote object call to the process<br /><br /><mx:RemoteObject id="ro" destination="FlexToWorkspace" <br /> result="handleResult(event)" fault="handleFault(event)"/><br /><br />3. You define a function to bind the data from the Flex form to an string.<br /><br />private function buildXmlStr():String {<br /> var xmlStr:String = "<vendor>"<br /> + "<name>" + vendor.text + "</name>"<br /> + "<city>" + vendorCity.text + "</city>"<br /> ... <br /> + "</vendor>";<br /> return (xmlStr);<br />}<br /><br />4. You define a function to call buildXmlStr() and invoke the remote object representing the LiveCycle process. Note that invoke binds the variable 'xmlData' to the input variable 'vendorData' defined in the LiveCycle process.<br /><br />private function callLiveCycle():void {<br /> var xmlData:XML = XML(buildXmlStr());<br /> ro.invoke_Async({vendorData:xmlData});<br />}<br /><br />5. You define handlers.<br /><br />private function handleResult(event:ResultEvent):void {<br /> // do something<br />}<br />private function handleFault(event:FaultEvent):void {<br /> var faultObj:Object = event.fault;<br />}<br /><br />Steve
Highlighted

Steve_L_Walker

26-03-2009

Jan,

For an asynchronous remote object call, the job id is available in the resultEvent object.

private function handleResult(event:ResultEvent):void {

jobId.text = event.result.jobId;

}

Steve
Highlighted

JendaDH

26-03-2009

Hi S L Walker,

I might be the dummest person here. I cant get it working.
I have a long-live process on the livecycle called "dlouhy"
in the flex app, I create the remote object:

(I tryed with the mx:method specs too)

than I have the invoke on the button click:
ro.invoke_Async();

(livecycle process has no input variables)

than I have the event handler:
private function necoo(event:ResultEvent):void
{
trace(event.result.jobId);
}

If I run it, I get error that dlouhy is unknown. In the documentation you have send me, there is something about channels. I cant get that to work too 😞
Sorry to bother you with this so much.
Would you know how to set up a channel for the wsdl service for the long-live process called "dlouhy" and bind it to the remote object?
The flex app is on a different server than the livecycle.

Thanks

Jan