Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

File Dialog Box in ES Designer

Former Community Member
Hi,

How to open file dialog box in ES designer? (similar to HTML

Tag.

Please provide the solution.

Thanks,

Saravanan G

9 Replies

Level 10
What do you want to open. If you want to open form data, you can use the following command:

xfa.host.importData();

Jasmin

Level 2

This would be extremely useful to know. Or at the very least, I would like to know how to find the path of the Image Field object. The problem is I do not want to embed the files on the PDF. It would be much more efficient for me to store hyperlinks to our shared directory. So I really don't even want to do anything with file uploading or downloading. I just want to know the absolute path of a specified file. (Which the Image Feild object looks like it might be able to do).

Help!!!!

Former Community Member

There is no direct call to it but you can figure it out. You can query the object to get the href to where the image is loaded from.

This path will be relative to where the designer loaded the image from (you can put an absolute path in there if you wish in fact in your case I recommend it). Now you can parse the string that is returned to get the path that you want.

Paul

Level 2

hmmmm... Image1.value.image.href, does not seem to be returning a string or at the very least it is not returning a value that i can store in a text field.

ie.

ACR.Extra.TextField1::click - (JavaScript, client)

this.rawValue

= ImageField1.value.image.href;

is there something else I need to do?

Level 2

I took a bit of a deeper look here

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/acrobat_designer/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?conte...

and it appears like I had a bit of the syntax wrong. But even with the example code that they provided I was unable to store the string in a text field.

Level 2

Here it is. The event I have here just prints the href in a messageBox.

Former Community Member

The command I gace you earlier works if you do not embed the image. Note ....do not add a reolveNode node ...use it as I gave it to you. When you embed the image the location of the file name changes to this expression:

xfa.host.messageBox(ImageField1.desc.embeddedHref.value);

Paul

Level 2

If you change the image though, it no longer stores the value?