Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Feature request for LiveCycle Designer ES

Level 4

Please consider adding the ability to insert a caption to a radio button group, as well as the ability to insert/or not insert a caption for a checkbox group.  This function is available in Form Guide so I'm hoping it can be done for LD as well.

Currently if you add a text object (caption) above a group of radio buttons or checkboxes it throws off the tabbing order.  It is also a major design challenge to get the layout to mimic the other objects   AND if you are using a Positioned Content in your Subform this setup cannot be done at all.

I've attached a sample pdf so you can see the layout I'm describing.

Thanks for your consideration.

4 Replies

Level 4

Apologies.... I meant to say "FLOWED content in your Subform this setup cannot be done at all." not POSITIONED.

Former Community Member

I second this request.  It's inelegant (to say the least) to have to use a text box to make a caption for a radio button group.  It seems like a common situation to want to have something like "Do you have any pets?" as the radio button group caption and have the individual radio buttons be captioned "Yes" and "No".

Level 4

Thanks for the support. Not having a caption for a radio button group also makes it impossible to use the FLOWED content on a subform too!

I've had to get really creative to find a work-around for this.

Former Community Member

I haven't had any trouble using flowed content with my textbox workaround for a radio button group caption.  If you're having problems, you could try wrapping the textbox and the radio button group in their own subform.  You could make that subform positioned if you needed to and the rest of the form could be flowed.