Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Failed to create checkpoint error

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I have an turnkey JBOSS 4.0.3 instyallation of LiveCycle with MySQL as the database server.

I keep getting the following error repeatedly:

2008-02-22 11:00:24,776 INFO [STDOUT] [ERROR ]com.celequest.exception.VCException: Failed to system checkpoint. System error message is [com.celequest.exception.VCException: Failed to create a new checkpoint with ID [3014] because data with that ID already exists in the checkpoint persistence DBMS.].

at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointTask.internalExecute(CheckpointTask.java:136)

at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointTask.execute(CheckpointTask.java:86)

at com.celequest.util.cron.CronSpawnIt.run(CronSpawnIt.java:50)

at com.celequest.system.thread.VCPingableThread.run(VCPingableThread.java:77)

Caused by: com.celequest.exception.VCException: Failed to create a new checkpoint with ID [3014] because data with that ID already exists in the checkpoint persistence DBMS.

at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointManager.beginCheckpoint(CheckpointManager.java:182)

at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointTask.internalExecute(CheckpointTask.java:120)

... 3 more

Caused by:

com.celequest.exception.VCException: Failed to create a new checkpoint with ID [3014] because data with that ID already exists in the checkpoint persistence DBMS.

at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointManager.beginCheckpoint(CheckpointManager.java:182)

at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointTask.internalExecute(CheckpointTask.java:120)

at com.celequest.system.boot.recovery.ras.CheckpointTask.execute(CheckpointTask.java:86)

at com.celequest.util.cron.CronSpawnIt.run(CronSpawnIt.java:50)

at com.celequest.system.thread.VCPingableThread.run(VCPingableThread.java:77)

2008-02-22 11:30:24,006 INFO [STDOUT] [INFO ]Initiating checkpoint....

I can understand what the error means but I don't know why I get it or how I can correct it. Also the MySQL server eventually crashes and needs to be started manually, however the JBOSS continues to run with the result of a lot of socket-exceptions because the database has crashed. Can the checkpoint probelm and the database crashing be related in any way?

I hope some of you are able to shed some light on this issue.

Sincerely

Kim
3 Replies

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

Can anyone explain what these checkpoints are for?

Sincerely

Kim

Former Community Member
Kim,

Were you ever able to find anything out about this error? We are receiving the same errors in one of our environments. It looks like there is some sort of scheduler involved, because I can see the error in our logs every half hour. Our server never crashes, and our DB connection has remained solid throughout the time when these errors are thrown. I too would be interested in finding out more information about these errors.

Level 8
Level 8
No, I never found out what was wrong - I was forced to reinstall LC. Luckily it was "only" a development environment...

Sincerely

Kim