Expand my Community achievements bar.

Export bindings for WSDL data connection bug

Former Community Member
Looks like Adobe cannot handle complex types when using repeating data sets (for exporting to a wsdl connection). I try binding a complex type (containing a number of text elements) to a repeating subform but it only ever exports the last element. If I remove the complex type and replace it with a single element, it works. I have even tried dragging the entire data structure onto the form but it still won't recognise the repeating dataset. Any help? Thanks..
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Andrew have you found a solution to this problem. I have discovered the same, repeating dataset of complex type not sending all sets, (just the last) as input to a WSDL. This truly is disappointing as what is the point of implementing WSDL capability and having it severely limited in its use. I am using Adobe Professional 8 and can't find a solution.

Thanks for any suggestions - especially from the Adobe folk!!!!

Former Community Member
Hi Jeremy, I wrote to Stephan Cameron (an Adobe Forms guru) and he said that its a bug with Adobe, but that it is fixed in the next release of Acrobat. Which means if you update your Acrobat to the latest version it may work now. I haven't tried this though as we ended up doing something different (just exporting multiple single elements which seems to work). You can check out his comment here: http://forms.stefcameron.com/bug-list/