Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

exclusion groups of radio buttons get merged

Former Community Member
When copying and pasting multiple exclusion groups of radio buttons from page to page, the different exclusion groups get merged into one.
9 Replies

Former Community Member
And pasting exclusion groups one at a time doesn't help. They just get added to any current exclusion group already on the page.

Former Community Member
This bug is really having a negative affect on my development time. Due to this bug, it is taking me about 20 minutes to place each radio button group, and I have to do about 300 of these.

I thought that creating a radio group as a custom library item and using that instead of copying/pasting would solve the merging issue, but it happens there, too. Anytime a radio group is pasted or inserted from the library, it is merged with an existing group, and is placed in some unpredictable location on the page.

Anyone have a work-around?

Former Community Member
When a radio group is copied/pasted, not only does the pasted radio group get merged with an existing group, but the group that was copied mysteriously gets moved around on the page, leaving the developer with two jumbled radio groups in random areas of the page.

Former Community Member
I just found that using the "Duplicate" command in the Edit menu yields a far more predictable result than using copy/paste when building forms with multiple radio-button groups.

Former Community Member
And it jumbles the values of the radio buttons.

Former Community Member
A pasted radio button is automatically added to an existing exclusion group if the last added item was a radio button. This is in the help.

I wish there was a default to turn this off because I don't want to add a temporary item just to get a new exclusion group.

Former Community Member
Thank you my mystery has been solved, but not my problem.

Former Community Member
Until the bug is fixed - you can work around the problem by pasting the next radio button exclusion group on another (next) page of your document, and then drag it to the page with the other radio button exclusion groups.

Former Community Member
I just tried two of the suggested solutions, adding a text field and then pasting the exclusion group, and dragging the exclusion group to the page with the existing group (I was actually initially trying to move an existing group from one page to another).

Both methods cause the moved group to merge with an existing group on the page. If anyone comes up with a working fix, I'd be curious to hear about it.