Expand my Community achievements bar.

Exception error on Button2 click event

Level 7

Here is the script on the Button2:

var oDoc = event.target;

oDoc.mailDoc ({

bUI: true,

cTo: "gs@follett.com" ,

cSubject: form1.page1.posFlowed.posSub.storeNbr.rawValue + " " + form1.page1.posFlowed.posSub.schoolName.rawValue + " " + form1.page1.firstlinePosit.orderQuote.formattedValue + " " + "Standard Chair" ,

cMsg: "" ,

});

I have check everything several times and am obviously overlooking something. I keep getting an Exception error on line 8 of Button2 on the click event. I have double and triple checked the rawValue and formattedValue path names. The Standard Chair is text.

Thanks in advance for your help,

MDawn

9 Replies

Level 7

Is line 8 the cMsg line? There's a comma at the end that shouldn't be there since it's the last line in your mailDoc build.

Level 7

Interestingly, it works if I remove this:

+ form1.page1.firstlinePosit.orderQuote.formattedValue +

from the Subject line. The path is accurate. Am I used formattedValue incorrectly?

Thanks,

MDawn

Level 7

Field.formattedValue returns a string, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I tried your code with two text fields and a numeric field with a currency pattern, and it created the email just fine.

I'd look back at that path to the orderQuote field. Is that part of a table or a subform? If so, is it in something that is repeated? If you place your cursor in the script editor and CTRL+click the orderQuote field, is that the path it gives you?

786642_pastedImage_0.png

786643_pastedImage_1.png

786650_pastedImage_2.png

Level 7

Thanks for your response. orderQuote is a radio button group of two buttons. They've been assigned numbers 1 and 2 and formatted values "Place order" and "Quote."

Also, I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks,

MDawn

Level 7

OK, that makes a difference. If you're talking about the values for the radio buttons you set in the binding tab, you want orderQuote.rawValue.

786996_pastedImage_0.png

786997_pastedImage_1.png

Level 7

In the Binding tab, I would like the "Item" value to display, rather than the "Value" value.

7-8-2015 1-28-52 PM.jpg

I thought I remembered doing this before using formatted.Value but it's been awhile and I've forgotten, apparently!

Thanks,

MDawn

Level 7

orderQuote.selectedMember().caption.value.text.value

Level 7

I could not get your answer to work. So, since I'm short on time, I changed the Value in the radio button list to the Place order and Quote values and used the rawValue expression and it works the way I need it to.

Thanks for all your help. I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I did get it to work the way I need (which today is a success for me!)

Thanks,

MDawn