Replies

Avatar

11-03-2008

One more question:



are there any known issues for a SP2 WorkBench to access stuff in a pre-SP2 LC-ES server?



thanks

Avatar

Avatar

Stuart_Mail

Avatar

Stuart_Mail

Stuart_Mail

12-03-2008

Hi James



Sorry not tried that - but there is a bunch of 'backward compatability' notes in the release notes you might look through.



Stuart

Avatar

17-03-2008

SP2 also breaks the "toast" messages in Workspace. Issue has been logged and acknowledged by Adobe Support.

Avatar

Avatar

Stuart_Mail

Avatar

Stuart_Mail

Stuart_Mail

18-03-2008

Hi Sam



Nope 'Toasts' are still fine in my SP2 upgrade so this one must be specific to a particular configuration.



However I've FINALLY tracked the 'Breaks XML' issue and now know why and how to fix it - see following post.



Stuart

Avatar

Avatar

Stuart_Mail

Avatar

Stuart_Mail

Stuart_Mail

18-03-2008

In the course of building a simplified process to send to otsupport I have discovered why SP2 breaks our process xml data mapping in our processes.



Most of our processes use 2 form variables (one to start the process then one, or more, dependent on the initial forms content) that run through the rest of the process - e.g. we use different templates in the process for different originator/request types etc, but capture the initial data from a number of single templates to simplify the 'user experience' and reduce number of front end form versions.



In this type of workflow the SP2 xml error issue is caused by the following -



In 8.0.1 (our current version) to copy the initial form variable data to the process form variable we have to copy across the 'form1' variable values to the 'data' node using the following -



/process_data/formVariable/object/data/xdp/datasets/data = /process_data/formVariable/object/data/xdp/datasets/data/form1



Although this is strictly wrong - if you assigned the ...data/form1 = ...data/form1 mapping then you got a 2nd form1 element nested in the 1st one in the 2nd form template xml data - so this did not work.



In SP2 you now have to correctly assign the form variables data as follows -



/process_data/formVariable/object/data/xdp/datasets/data/form1 = /process_data/formVariable/object/data/xdp/datasets/data/form1



So I guess you can say that SP2 has fixed a deficiency in 8.0.1 - but having wasted 4 solid days tracking this down I think it would be nice to have noted this 'change' somewhere in the SP2 installation notes 😞



If it is included in any of the SP2 documentation then please let me know so I can pass it on.

Avatar

18-03-2008

Another point, We are using java client SDK to connect to a livecycle server, these broke when server was upgraded to sp1b. Here I am looking for the client jars.

Avatar

07-04-2008

The XML assignment issue was actually fixed in SP1b and is in the release notes for that service pack.



Found here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/products/enterprise/pdf/LCES_SP1b_Readme.pdf



Page 2:

"Copying a single node in XML or form data from one variable to another appends the source node as a child to the target node, whereby we expect (in 8.0 and 7.X) that only the children of the source node will replace all of the children of the target node."

Avatar

Avatar

Stuart_Mail

Avatar

Stuart_Mail

Stuart_Mail

07-04-2008

HI Rob



How are you doing - long time no speak ?



Unfortunatly we were not aware of the SP1b so went straight to SP2, which apparently includes SP1b but unfortunatly this snipet of useful information was not included in the SP2 ReadMe.



Whilst Adobe say that you can install SP2 without SP1b I'm not so sure. I have in the last 4 days seen the SP2 upgrade cause some really wierd behaviour such as completely killing the ES eMail service, and causing DropLists not to be populated when the forms are rendered - but ONLY DropLists, every other field type renders fine.



Even uninstalling the SP2 patch did not cure these problems so I had to revert our clients system to a pre-SP2 backup.



OTOH I've installed SP2 on a number of our development VMs and whilst a bit fiddly, once I figured out the right sequence, these installed OK.



I did a Manual File Copy deployment of SP2 on-site today, as not willing to risk the same failure as last week, and this worked for the AWS_ACTION fix in SP2 - but did not cure the @@instructions@@ bug in the Subject Line of eMails - which was apparently fixed in SP1b - so again I'm not sure going straigth to SP2 from SP0 is 100% reliable. Despite all the modules reporting their Versions as 8.0.1 SP2.



Hope you are well - best regards - Stuart