Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error when installing a Custom Component

Level 3
Hi there,

I wrote a custom component and built the according jar-file. The next step was to import the jar-file into the workbench.

When I tried to do so the following error occurred (workbench .log file):

!ENTRY com.adobe.DSC_Admin_UI 4 4 2008-01-15 16:05:43.418

!MESSAGE install of C:\tmp\adobe-components\adobe-component.jar failed

!STACK 0

ALC-DSC-000-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException: Internal error.

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ArchiveStore\306\at\integrata\livecycle\component\BootstrapImpl.class (The system cannot find the path specified)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ArchiveStore\306\at\integrata\livecycle\component\BootstrapImpl.class (The system cannot find the path specified)

The problem is, that the workbench is not running on the same computer as the ES server. When I extract the jar-file manually into the considered directory on the server everything works fine.

Is this a bug or even not possible to import components from a remote workbench?

kind regards

Michael
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Michael,

I ran into the same problem. I created the JAR file in Eclipse Java IDE, then used the 'Install Components' in Workbench. I get the same error you got. Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I'll keep an eye on this forum and maybe an 'expert' will provide us an answer.

Good Luck,

Hope

Former Community Member
I got the same issue, i was a packaging problem when you export to your jar file.

The file tree is important, and have to kept inside the jar, if i remember well

Level 3
Thanks but I don't think that the tree is wrong because there are just two directories (mainpackage [com.company.component], icons) and the componant.xml in the root directory.

And as I said, if I'll extrat it manually into the required directory the import works fine.

Michael

Level 3
Hi Michael,

I think that Debaecker is right. In the error log it actually lists your temp folder. You might wanna double check the structure again. Have you tried opening the JAR with a compression utility like WinRar, or 7-Zip?

Rob

Level 3
Hi Rob,

I don't know why, but you have to check the "Add directory entries" checkbox in the JAR Export dialog.

The create jar-file looks exactly like the first one I created (checked it with WinZIP and WinRAR).

However the new version works very well.

Thank you very much.

kind regards

Michael

P.S.: Does anybody know which jar option is hidden behind the checkbox.

Level 4
Hy all,

I have been having the same problem.

I think the cause with me is that I added libraries my component needs manually into the jar-file of my component and sometimes I added the component.xml file manually into the component-jar. I use 7Zip for this but every I did that I could not get the component to install correctly, unless I unpacked it manually in the temp-dir.

I believe this is happens because when I manually place files in the jar file with a tool like 7Zip they are automatically being compressed and the jar-file of a component must not be compressed.

So therefore I imported everything correctly in my Eclipse-project and now when I Export my component to a jar-file, everything is included and I don't have to place files manually into the jar-file of my component.

When I install a component created like that I don't have any problems.

Hope this helps for you to.

Regards,

RonnyR

Former Community Member
I got the same error when I was trying to use eclipse to jar up my component.

I ended up using the jar task from the command line to build my jar.

I made a copy of my component project directory, deleted all the eclipse files (.project etc) and ran the command:

jar -0fc jarfilename.jar **

(the first parameter is a zero, not an 'oh')

from within the top level of the project directory.

The jar created this way deployed without any errors

Regards

Anthony Jereley

www.indigopacific.com