Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Error when configuring WF

Former Community Member
Hello,

I'm getting an error when I do the post deployment configuration for workflow. I am using version 7.0.1, but this problem also existed in version 7.0.

I am attempting to enable integration between WorkFlow and Form Manager. These are the steps that I am taking.

1) Log into the adminui console.

2) Select Services

3) Select Adobe LiveCycle Form Manager

4) Select Configuration settings

5) Under general settings, I selected the checkbox on this line "Adobe LiveCycle Form to display Adobe LiveCycle Workflow worklists.

6) Click the save button on the top right of the page.

When the next page loads, I get a system error that says "The request could not be processed. Please retry the operation. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator". When I go back to the general setting section, the checkbox is not selected.

Are there any known workarounds for this issue? How else can I get FM to display WF worklists?
6 Replies

Level 9
Hi

Have you installed Workflow?

Does the Workflow icon appear in the adminui under Services?

Can you take a look at your server log file (C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\server\all\log\server.log), and see if there is a specific error message and a stack trace - if so, please post it.

Howard

Howard Treisman

Avoka Technologies

Specializing in Custom QPAC development and LiveCycle Solutions

http://www.avoka.com/avoka/qpac_library.shtml

Former Community Member
Thanks for responding Howard.

The answer to the first two questions is both yes.

Here's the output in server.log:

2005-11-08 10:46:13,217 WARN [org.jboss.mq.Connection] Connection failure:

org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Connection Failed; - nested throwable: (java.io.IOException: ping timeout.)

at org.jboss.mq.Connection.asynchFailure(Connection.java:429)

at org.jboss.mq.Connection$PingTask.run(Connection.java:1378)

at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.ClockDaemon$RunLoop.run(ClockDaemon.java:364)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: ping timeout.

at org.jboss.mq.Connection$PingTask.run(Connection.java:1370)

... 2 more

2005-11-08 10:47:10,202 INFO [STDOUT] 8-Nov-2005 10:47:10 AM com.adobe.workflow.email.InboxReader run

SEVERE: InboxReader: message exception: Connect failed;

nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

2005-11-08 10:47:10,405 WARN [org.jboss.mq.Connection] Connection failure:

org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Connection Failed; - nested throwable: (java.io.IOException: ping timeout.)

at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.ClockDaemon$RunLoop.run(ClockDaemon.java:364)

... 2 more

2005-11-08 10:47:10,577 INFO [STDOUT] javax.mail.MessagingException: Connect failed;

nested exception is:

2005-11-08 10:47:10,592 INFO [STDOUT] at com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store.protocolConnect(POP3Store.java:106)

2005-11-08 10:47:10,592 INFO [STDOUT] at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:233)

2005-11-08 10:47:10,592 INFO [STDOUT] at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:134)

2005-11-08 10:47:10,592 INFO [STDOUT] at com.adobe.workflow.email.InboxReader.run(InboxReader.java:116)

2005-11-08 10:47:10,592 INFO [STDOUT] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2005-11-08 10:47:13,655 WARN [org.jboss.mq.Connection] Connection failure:

... 2 more

2005-11-08 10:48:40,686 WARN [org.jboss.mq.Connection] Connection failure:

... 2 more

2005-11-08 10:48:41,530 WARN [org.jboss.mq.Connection] Connection failure:

... 2 more

2005-11-08 10:48:41,686 INFO [STDOUT] 8-Nov-2005 10:48:41 AM com.adobe.workflow.email.InboxReader run

SEVERE: InboxReader: message exception: Connect failed;

nested exception is:

2005-11-08 10:48:43,139 INFO [STDOUT] javax.mail.MessagingException: Connect failed;

nested exception is:

2005-11-08 10:48:43,217 INFO [STDOUT] at com.sun.mail.pop3.POP3Store.protocolConnect(POP3Store.java:106)

2005-11-08 10:48:43,233 INFO [STDOUT] at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:233)

2005-11-08 10:48:43,233 INFO [STDOUT] at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:134)

2005-11-08 10:48:43,233 INFO [STDOUT] at com.adobe.workflow.email.InboxReader.run(InboxReader.java:116)

2005-11-08 10:48:43,233 INFO [STDOUT] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

What's an InboxReader?

Former Community Member
To our team this looks like an issue with JBoss where you have done a hot redeploy of a workflow enabled ear file, and this can cause problems occasionally.

I have gotten a recommended course of action as follows. Shut down JBoss, delete the temp folders and restart. This should remedy the issue. If that doesn't work or you have already tried this please post the whole jboss log to the forum so we can check it out.

Level 9
Hi

I agree with Ben, a restart would be a very good idea. I'd also reboot your machine, just for good luck - it seems that your network config may have changed since you started JBOss (I often get ping timeout errors when I disconnect my laptop from the network - even though it's all running as localhost).

However, I think there's a possibility the root cause of your problem may be that you're specifying an invalid email login in the config screen, and that's causing problems. (Well, it's definitely causing problems, as you can see in the log - however, I'm not sure whether it's actually the root cause of your reported problem.)

Background: Form Manager allows you to complete tasks either interactively (by logging into the web client), or via email. You can choose to complete tasks via email in your FM preferences. If you choose this, and complete via email, you send the results back to a particular email account, and the system periodically checks that account for incoming mails. The InboxReader is a background task in Form Manager that does this task. If you're not using this feature, simply turn it off in the admin ui at: Home > Services > Adobe LiveCycle Workflow > Server Settings > Email Settings

Good luck...

Howard

Howard Treisman

Avoka Technologies

Specializing in Custom QPAC development and LiveCycle Solutions

http://www.avoka.com/avoka/qpac_library.shtml

Former Community Member
Thanks Benjamin and Howard.

Howard, you mentioned an invalid email login in the config screen. I double checked what I have and it looks to be okay. I shut down JBoss and rebooted, deleted the temp files and restarted JBoss. It looks like that cured my issue because I no longer get the error.

It seems weird that this issue occurred as this was a fresh install that I did over last weekend.

Thanks again for your help guys.

Level 9
Hi

Actually, thinking about it, the ping timeout errors and the email errors were probably all related to the same thing - your network connection had changed/died. So rebooting would have fixed both.

(Don't listen to me, listen to Ben:-)

Howard