Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error on startup

Former Community Member
Hello,

I recently purchased Adobe Acrobat Professional. Upon starting formdesigner.exe I receive an error and the application is forced to shutdown. The error generates an xml file, but beyond that, no much information is given about the error. I've tried repairing the install, but that has not solved the problem. Furthermore, I've installed all updates, but still the problem is not solved.

Suggestions?...

Operating System:

Windows XP Professional

Software:

Adobe Acrobat Professional Version 8

LiveCycle Designer Version 8
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Getting the same error as well. Followed by Dr Watson Postmortem debugger also crashing consecutively. Seems more and more ppl are having this problems and each of the topics in the forums have no reply's let alone one that offers a solution.

I am running Service Pack 3, in case this might have some affect on my problem. Even tried downloading a trial version of the latest Adobe Acro9 which LCD 8.2, same result. Disabling Dr Watson doesn't eliminate the problem, only eliminates an extra error window generated by Watson.

Can someone from Adobe please shed some light as to what is going on here?

Former Community Member
Do either of you have a cordless mouse? I've discovered that my installation of Adobe LiveCycle 8 will not launch if my cordless mouse USB adaptor is plugged in. If I unplug the mouse, I can open the program and then plug the mouse back in and everything seems to work fine. Very strange...