Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error on exporting workflow

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I use Adobe Workflow Designer 7.0.

When I tried to export a workflow, the error message was indicated like below and I can not export this workflow. Other workflow is exported with no problem. Only this workflow is not able to be exported.

"Action: template/branch: main-branch/action: End Process has already been added to branch: template: /branch: main-branch...."

It is likely too long to indicate all messages on the message box, I can not read all of the messages.

Does someone know what this message means? And please give some advice about this issue.

Akira
4 Replies

Level 9
Hi

I think you may have two actions with the same name.

Please check.

Also please turn on the console, and post the full stack trace.

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbf0809

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hi Howard,

It's you!! I am very thankful for your advice.

Using Java console, all of error messages are indicated like below.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Action: template:/branch:main-branch/action:

End Process has already been added to branch: template:/branch:main-branch

I have found that two workflows have the same name. However I can not delete the other workflow. There is no menu like "delete workflow" on the Workflow Designer. Would you let me know what to do?

Regards,

Akira

Level 9
Hi Akira

I'm not sure how you got into this state - theoretically, it shouldn't happen.

You can go into the database and start deleting rows, but it's very dangerous.

The best suggestion is just to reinstall the database, reimport your processes, and create again the one that is broken. This is only possible if this is a development machine, and you do not have too many workflows already created.

Another option is just to forget about the workflow that isn't working (maybe mark it as deleted), and create it again, with a new name.

If you really want to fix the problem, we could try, but I think it will be a lot of difficulty.

You should perhaps also contact Adobe Support - you should be able to send them your database, and they should be able to reproduce the problem and help you.

Regards,

Howard

Former Community Member
Hi Howard,

I had misunderstood your advice. I had looked for a workflow which has the same name to that one.

Now I have understood the means of "two actions"!! It is not permitted to make the action which has the same name to the other actions.

I have found some actions have the same name to the other in a workflow. I have renamed and deleted their. And I can export it!

I am grateful to you for your advice.

Regards,

Akira