Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

Sign in to view all badges

Error OCCURRED: Failed to connect to LiveCycle server via RMI. Make sure that the server is running

13-01-2009

I have installed LifeCycle trial version .

and trying to convert pdf to rtf

using following initialization

Properties connectionProps = new Properties();

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_DEFAULT_EJB_ENDPOINT, "jnp://localhost:1099");

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL,ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_EJB_PROTOCOL);

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_SERVER_TYPE, "JBoss");

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_USERNAME, "administrator");

connectionProps.setProperty(ServiceClientFactoryProperties.DSC_CREDENTIAL_PASSWORD, "password");

//Create a ServiceClientFactory instance

ServiceClientFactory factory = ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(connectionProps);

but i am getting error like following though i have started jboss which is inside lifecycle folder by run.bat

ERROR IS:Error OCCURRED: Failed to connect to LiveCycle server via RMI. Make sure that the server is running and accessible to this client.

Replies

Level 1
statke
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

13 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 1
statke
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

13 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
statke
Level 1

02-02-2009

May be you could use "netstat" or other tools like "ActivePorts" to ensure that ports established are correct.

Also try if jnp://127.0.0.1:1099 works or not, if ports are correct.