Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error in ReaderExtension WatchFolder Concept

Former Community Member
Hi,

I installed the AdobeLiveCycle ES for ReaderExtensions. I used the ReaderExtensions through watchfolder concept. But the file found in failure folder with "failure.log". So please kindly see the below error in .log file and give solution.

Failure Time----Thu May 29 20:06:42 IST 2008

source location ---- Reason of failure is-----Failure to invoke the job DynamicallyApplyRights

Failure to invoke the job DynamicallyApplyRights

Invocation error.

javax.jms.JMSException: Could not create a session: javax.resource.spi.CommException: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]

Could not create a session: javax.resource.spi.CommException: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]

ALC-DSC-600-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.impl.SchedulerRuntimeException: Failure to invoke the job DynamicallyApplyRights

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.scan.impl.FileScanJobImpl.invokeJob(FileScanJobImpl.java:302)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.scan.impl.FileScanJobImpl.processInputs(FileScanJobImpl.java:119)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.scan.impl.AbstractScanJob.execute(AbstractScanJob.java:56)

Thanks in advance,

Prabudass
10 Replies

Former Community Member
Make sure that you configure invocation permissions for your watch folder endpoint.

Log to adminui: Home > Services > Archive Administration > Service Management > process name. Click on security tab, click on Add principal and add an appropriate group for INVOKE_PERM permissions.

Former Community Member
Thanks, Now i got the following error.

Failure Time----Wed Jun 18 23:09:21 IST 2008

source location ----

Results for output parameter ----outDocare saved in unsaved_results/outDoc folder due to

Invalid argument

Please advice me.

Thanks,

Prabudass

Former Community Member
Can you export orchestration to an lca and pass it to me?

Former Community Member
Hi,

Sorry, I could not clearly understood your question.

I followed the below mentioned link to set the watchfolder concept.

https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a295153/barcodedformswatchedfolder/

After that as per your advice, i followed Home > Services > Archive Administration > Service Management > process name. Click on security tab, click on Add principal and add an "Super Administrator", "All principals in domain DefaultDom", "All Principals" for INVOKE_PERM permissions.

After that i placed the .pdf file in input path. But inside the failure folder the .log file created and then sub folder "unsaved_results" created, inside that (C3a5cWINDOWS5cTemp5cAdobeDocumentStorage5clocal5cdocm12138663344455clklr0kxrh7uc8f9utfdkvky4r00000go) created.

Please advice me how to solve this.

Thanks,

Prabudass

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have a sample for you:

ftp://es-guest-user:V9bibSrasW@ftp-sj.adobe.com/sample

Former Community Member
Hi,

Thanks for your swift response. Kindly provide the username and password for that ftp site.

Thanks,

Prabudass

maria.prabudass@gmail.com

Former Community Member
The link already has user name and password (es-guest-user/V9bibSrasW). When you click on the link it should bring you to a folder on FTP.

Former Community Member
Hi,

sorry, i am unable to connect that ftp site, using the username and password(es-guest-user/V9bibSrasW). Kindly advice me (or) please send me the sample to my mailid[maria.prabudass@gmail.com].

Thanks in advance,

Prabudass

Level 2

Hello,

I do have the same error as mentioned above in a livecycle process using output services to generate a pdf for print.

The process uses:

1. WatchedFolder endpoin

...some steps, not relevant..

4. Output.OutputService.generatePdfOutput to generate a pdf based on a template and input xml.

5. Common.ConvertPdfService.toPS to prepare a document for postscript printing.

6. Output.OutputService.SendToPrinter to print the damn thing...

When i run the process on a jboss turnkey installation on a windows 2003 server the document gets printed fine!

When i look in the failure folder of the watchedFolder it is filled with a folder named 'unsaved_results'.

In that folder i find my generated pdf, which opens fine.

The failure.log file contains a message: 'Failure Time----Thu Aug 04 10:54:46 CEST 2011
source location ----
Results for output parameter ----pdfDocare saved in unsaved_results/pdfDoc folder due to
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect'

The jboss system logfile does not produce more info than the failure log produces.

I am looking into troubleshooting documents online, but this is the only developer forum thread related to my problem.

Thanks for any help!!!

Level 2

Solved:

The pdfDoc variable for labelled as output parameter which was not correct.

The process then tries to store the variable somewhere (don't know where the default variable storage is located) where it has no rights (i presume).

The errormessage was somewhat cryptic which made me think something was wrong in the adobe livecycle internal storage configuration.