Highlighted

Error in ReaderExtension WatchFolder Concept

29-05-2008

Hi,

I installed the AdobeLiveCycle ES for ReaderExtensions. I used the ReaderExtensions through watchfolder concept. But the file found in failure folder with "failure.log". So please kindly see the below error in .log file and give solution.

Failure Time----Thu May 29 20:06:42 IST 2008

source location ---- Reason of failure is-----Failure to invoke the job DynamicallyApplyRights

Failure to invoke the job DynamicallyApplyRights

Invocation error.

javax.jms.JMSException: Could not create a session: javax.resource.spi.CommException: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]

Could not create a session: javax.resource.spi.CommException: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server 0.0.0.0:1100 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]

ALC-DSC-600-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.impl.SchedulerRuntimeException: Failure to invoke the job DynamicallyApplyRights

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.scan.impl.FileScanJobImpl.invokeJob(FileScanJobImpl.java:302)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.scan.impl.FileScanJobImpl.processInputs(FileScanJobImpl.java:119)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.scan.impl.AbstractScanJob.execute(AbstractScanJob.java:56)

Thanks in advance,

Prabudass

Replies

Highlighted

10-06-2008

Make sure that you configure invocation permissions for your watch folder endpoint.

Log to adminui: Home > Services > Archive Administration > Service Management > process name. Click on security tab, click on Add principal and add an appropriate group for INVOKE_PERM permissions.
Highlighted

18-06-2008

Thanks, Now i got the following error.

Failure Time----Wed Jun 18 23:09:21 IST 2008

source location ----

Results for output parameter ----outDocare saved in unsaved_results/outDoc folder due to

Invalid argument

Please advice me.

Thanks,

Prabudass
Highlighted

19-06-2008

Hi,

Sorry, I could not clearly understood your question.

I followed the below mentioned link to set the watchfolder concept.

https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a295153/barcodedformswatchedfolder/

After that as per your advice, i followed Home > Services > Archive Administration > Service Management > process name. Click on security tab, click on Add principal and add an "Super Administrator", "All principals in domain DefaultDom", "All Principals" for INVOKE_PERM permissions.

After that i placed the .pdf file in input path. But inside the failure folder the .log file created and then sub folder "unsaved_results" created, inside that (C3a5cWINDOWS5cTemp5cAdobeDocumentStorage5clocal5cdocm12138663344455clklr0kxrh7uc8f9utfdkvky4r00000go) created.

Please advice me how to solve this.

Thanks,

Prabudass
Highlighted

21-06-2008

Hi,

Thanks for your swift response. Kindly provide the username and password for that ftp site.

Thanks,

Prabudass

maria.prabudass@gmail.com
Highlighted

22-06-2008

The link already has user name and password (es-guest-user/V9bibSrasW). When you click on the link it should bring you to a folder on FTP.
Highlighted

24-06-2008

Hi,

sorry, i am unable to connect that ftp site, using the username and password(es-guest-user/V9bibSrasW). Kindly advice me (or) please send me the sample to my mailid[maria.prabudass@gmail.com].

Thanks in advance,

Prabudass
Highlighted

MvGemert

04-08-2011

Hello,

I do have the same error as mentioned above in a livecycle process using output services to generate a pdf for print.

The process uses:

1. WatchedFolder endpoin

...some steps, not relevant..

4. Output.OutputService.generatePdfOutput to generate a pdf based on a template and input xml.

5. Common.ConvertPdfService.toPS to prepare a document for postscript printing.

6. Output.OutputService.SendToPrinter to print the damn thing...

When i run the process on a jboss turnkey installation on a windows 2003 server the document gets printed fine!

When i look in the failure folder of the watchedFolder it is filled with a folder named 'unsaved_results'.

In that folder i find my generated pdf, which opens fine.

The failure.log file contains a message: 'Failure Time----Thu Aug 04 10:54:46 CEST 2011
source location ----
Results for output parameter ----pdfDocare saved in unsaved_results/pdfDoc folder due to
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect'

The jboss system logfile does not produce more info than the failure log produces.

I am looking into troubleshooting documents online, but this is the only developer forum thread related to my problem.

Thanks for any help!!!