Expand my Community achievements bar.

encrypting returned documents

Former Community Member
I would like to distribute forms as clear text by letting users download them from a url on a web page. (I can't distribute via email, because I don't know who the respondants will be - it's a request for information/RFI) Then, I want them to fill out the form (with the ability to save locally), and return the completed pdf via email. The returned email must be encrypted. I can get all of this working, except for the encryption part.

It seems sensible that LiveCycle would allow one to embed the public key from a digital certificate in a document that has been prepared for distribution, then when the return function is invoked from the reader, the reader could use the public key to encrypt the pdf before returning it.

I have read and re-read the documentation. I have scoured the internet for a solution. Tomorrow, I'll peruse the book store...

Does anybody have any insight that they can share on this problem? Is this possible, and if so, can you point me in the right direction? Or, is this not possible?

It seems like a very common operating scenario. The form distributed over the web is open/unencrypted, but the returned document contains proprietary data.
1 Reply

Former Community Member

I am having the same issue. The form I created will be distributed via email, but not by me. I want to ensure the returning xml data is encrypted when it is submitted. Help Please.