Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enabling save button

Former Community Member
When update 1 was installed, a Save button appeared that Saved the form to the drafts folder. It is gone now and I don't know what change caused it. We are now on patch 1. I would like to get it back. Any ideas?
9 Replies

Level 10
The save button will only show up if the submit button on the form submits xfa data.

It won't show up if you submit the entire PDF.

What format are you submitting?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
It was XDP. I changed it to PDF to include attachments. Have any suggestions?

Level 10
You would have to customize the Workspace interface.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
In one of the old renders, I thought I recall seeing a variable with the button data in it. Is it possible to tweak some data in the form XML similar to the route list? After the workflow is started, I can route the form back to the initiator.

Level 10
You can just make the first step of the workflow be a user step that sends the form back to the initiator.

If you want to do that, you don't need to mess with the render or the form data.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
That would require those who filled the form out completely to select to send the form off a second time. I want to have a Save and Complete button. I would save off the button clicked. After the first step, I would route based on that.

Former Community Member
Looking in the Workspace code, it is accessing a supportsSave property on a TaskForm object. Is this property something I can set on the form somewhere?

Former Community Member
I changed the submit back to XDP and the button is not enabled.