Expand my Community achievements bar.

Empty required field error message

Former Community Member
I keep receiving "At lest one required field was empty on export. Please fill in the required (highlighted) fields before continuing." message.

I have changed all required fields to optional, but still get the above message. When I do get the message, there are no fields highlighted to correct and I have gone back thru each field and checked to make sure there are no required fields.

I would like to have 7 fields in my form as required, but even when we tried to put something in the field and submit the form, we received the message. I thought that removing the "required" value would take care of the problem, but the message still comes up.

Can anyone help.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
I am having the same issue. Can anyone help with this?

Level 9
Here's something to try...<br />Under some circumstances (such as changing the type of a field), the underlying XML retains values that aren't displayed in the object't properties box.<br /><br />Try clicking on the XML tab, and doing a search for any text that looks anything like this:<br /><validate nullTest="warning"....<br />or <br /><validate nullTest="error"...<br /><br />If you do, that will indicate the cause of the problem.<br /><br />Good luck...<br /><br />Howard