Expand my Community achievements bar.

Emailling

Former Community Member
I am very new to LiveCycle Designer. What I want to do is create a form, but not have it sent back to myself. The distribute form is sent to a person, and then the form needs to go to someone else for further input and approval of what is in the form before coming back to me to collect the responses.

I have tried a number of "fixes" such as automatic forwarding on my emails, but the trouble is that the form comes back as an attachment (NOI) "Submitting form" in the heading, and I am the author of more than one form, can't seem to put rule on Attachments in Outlook.

Any suggestions?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
You can change the subject of the email message if you use a regular button as a submit button and not the standard email submit button. Once you make a submit button you can set the submit URL as:

mailto:emailaddress?subject="This is my subject"

If you want to get more sophisticated you could set a flag in the form to know what step you are on and have the email sent to the correct address in the first place. Once they get it you can automate their sending of the approved form to you.

Level 1

Thanks for the info, it works!  Now how do I find out more about flags.  This would be fantastic improvement to the process, whereby as soon as a particular section is filled out, the form knows to be automatically emailled to someone else.

Former Community Member

The flag is a programatic way of telling your server side program what to do. The flag can be what ever you want it to be. Simply set up an invisible field (so th euser does not see it). Then set a value in it (that your server side code will use). Once you submit the data, your server side will check the value of the flag field and act accordingly.

Hope that helps