Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Email submit button stops working

Former Community Member
I have created a form for distribution at work the form allows users to input details and then forward via email to another user for printing etc. The form worked fine at first but now when I click submit it brings up an illegal operation submitting not allowed error. Any suggestions on what happened to it? I did not use the generic email button but a custome button with mailto feature.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Me too! I found that the email submit button on forms created by Adobe Designer 7.0 do not allow user who use Adobe Reader 8.0 to choose email client as in Adobe Reader 7.0. I got very frustrated.

Former Community Member
This just recently happened to me, as well. I've had this form that's been working very well, then suddenly I have users with Reader 8 who can't submit it with their webmail. Very frustrating - what did Adobe change that's making this harder? I really don't think I should be forced to purchase Professional 8 just to fix this one problem - does anyone know a way around this?

Former Community Member
Did anyone ever find a solution for webmail using Reader 8.0???