22 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
Badri_Lakshmina
Level 2

25-08-2008

Hi,

I am trying to use the "EmailService (Send with Document)" found in "Foundation". The SMTP host that I use does not require any authentication. But the email service is throwing "com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.ConnectionFailedException" if I dont provide a SMTP user and password. If I write my own custom java code to send email through the same SMTP host, it works without the authentication. By this way I was able to prove that authentication is indeed not needed by this SMTP host. Could somebody tell me if I am missing something that makes this service look for authentication information always? The "SMTP authentication" check box is un checked in service properties.

Thanks.

Regards,

Badri.

Replies

Level 2
Badri_Lakshmina
Level 2

0 likes

Total Posts

22 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 2
Badri_Lakshmina
Level 2

0 likes

Total Posts

22 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
Badri_Lakshmina
Level 2

28-08-2008

Hi Roland,

This does not work for me. I am still confused how a simple java program trying to connect to the same SMTP host works without authentication, while LiveCycle needs one. It does not work if I pass dummy user id password. I am trying to figure out what exactly is it authenticating upon, probably it is trying to connect to the company network before reaching out to the email server, or anyting like that.

Moreover, we are still using the pre-release (evaluation copy) for LiveCycle 8.2, we are yet to get a valid license key from Adobe. We are expecting it any time. Probably this evaluation copy is causing all the problem!

Thanks a lot for trying..

- Badri.

Validate 1
Level 4
Aditya_S_
Level 4

1 like

Total Posts

315 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 1
View profile

Validate 1
Level 4
Aditya_S_
Level 4

1 like

Total Posts

315 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 1
View profile
Aditya_S_
Level 4

29-10-2009

All,

I had the same issue and the "SMTP Aunthicate" checkbox was also checked. However, when I removed the username/password, saved, retried the stalled process it gave me the same error.

It worked when I re entered the same username/password.

Just thought I'd share my experience for all those have the same issue and it doesn't get resolved with the previous suggested workaround.

Aditya