Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Email Endpoint

Former Community Member
Hi I have a problem executing the process with email endpoint.

I have created a process which needs to be executed when an email with pdf attachment to my adress is retrieved.

Steps I have done:

1. Define process variables. A document variable to hold the PDF document named myForm.

2. First step of the process, "Set Value" is doning nothing about variables (no mapping)

3. Second step "Assig Task" which will see the document already filled, and route to Approve or Disaprove.

4. Last step is "Write the info to database".

5. Activate the process.

6. Create an email endpoint (host as our email server, username and password of mine)

I send myself an email with an attachment of pdf form. When email comes, it disappears which shows the usage by email endpoint. However process do not begin, there exists an error in server log. What can be the problem?

Thank you,

Asiye

2007-11-23 14:10:40,678 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] begins process emails:

2007-11-23 14:10:41,538 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] done process emails:

2007-11-23 14:10:41,553 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] unlock EmailSource : asiyegunaydin@exchsrv

2007-11-23 14:10:41,569 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] TransactionRolledbackLocalException in method: public abstract com.adobe.idp.um.api.infomodel.User com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManager.getExpandedAuthenticatedUser(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,int) throws com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPException,com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemException, causedBy:

com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemException: nullorigin: | [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean] errorCode:13316 errorCodeHEX:0x3404 message:user_identifier:asiyegunaydin domain:Test

at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.directoryservices.DirectoryServicesManagerBean.getExpandedAuthenticatedUser(DirectoryServicesManagerBean.java:1181)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor370.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)
9 Replies

Level 10
Which LiveCycleuser are you using on the email endpoint. The default is SuperAdmin.

Also can you add that user under the Security tab for that endpoint and give it Invoke_Perm.

Two questions about your process:

1- Is there a reason why you use a setValue in your process?

2- Make sure the process variable that will contain the PDF is set to IN. Then in the email endpoint configuration, map the input variable to *.pdf so that it puts the attachment in that variable.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Jasmin,

After setting the LiveCycle user to SuperAdmin back, process initiated successfully. However when I want to open the task assigned to user, it says "Task with id : 826 does not exists". I have looked from admin config, process management for the instance of the task generated. I see the 826 instance assigned to that user in running state. However I can not open the form from tha tasks of that user which gives exception in server log as:

2007-11-23 17:04:26,874 INFO [STDOUT] [Flex] [ERROR] Root cause: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.task.TaskNotFoundException: no task found for task ID = 827

at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.service.TaskManagerServiceImpl.renderForm(TaskManagerServiceImpl.java:3281)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:336)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doRequiresNew(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:282)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor259.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)

at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:389)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)

at $Proxy210.doRequiresNew(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:143)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateInterceptor.java:37)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterceptor.java:80)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:113)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:102)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:88)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.vm.VMMessageDispatcher.doSend(VMMessageDispatcher.java:183)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)

at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.TypedTaskManagerService.callRenderService(TypedTaskManagerService.java:1237)

at com.adobe.workspace.tasks.TaskActions.render(TaskActions.java:604)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor702.invoke(Unknown Source)

at flex.messaging.services.remoting.adapters.JavaAdapter.invoke(JavaAdapter.java:168)

at flex.messaging.services.RemotingService.serviceMessage(RemotingService.java:173)

at flex.messaging.MessageBroker.routeMessageToService(MessageBroker.java:1165)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint.serviceMessage(AbstractEndpoint.java:757)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.MessageBrokerFilter.invoke(MessageBrokerFilter.java:117)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.LegacyFilter.invoke(LegacyFilter.java:158)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SessionFilter.invoke(SessionFilter.java:48)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.BatchProcessFilter.invoke(BatchProcessFilter.java:67)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SerializationFilter.invoke(SerializationFilter.java:145)

at flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint.service(AMFEndpoint.java:122)

at flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet.service(MessageBrokerServlet.java:438)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at com.adobe.workspace.events.RemoteEventClientLifeCycle.doFilter(RemoteEventClientLifeCycle.java:126)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:159)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java

Level 10
You can't assign the document variable directly to the "Form Data Mapping" of the user step.

You need to put it in a Document Form variable. You can use a SetValue and set it like this:

/process_data/myDocumentForm/object/document = /process_data/myDoc

See if that helps.

Jasmin

Level 3
I am having trouble getting my email endpoint to work correctly.

I was getting an error until i changed back to the SuperAdmin user in the DefaultDom domain but I am getting a different error now.

Here is the log extract:

2007-11-28 14:30:13,184 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] begins process emails:

2007-11-28 14:30:13,293 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] done process emails:

2007-11-28 14:30:13,293 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] unlock EmailSource : cld1\pdfgen@HEAD

2007-11-28 14:30:13,793 ERROR [com.adobe.idp.um.provider.authentication.LDAPAuthProviderImpl] UserM:GENERIC_SEVERE: [Thread Hashcode: 26501254] User Name or Password is null

2007-11-28 14:30:13,793 ERROR [com.adobe.idp.um.provider.authentication.LocalAuthProviderImpl] UserM:GENERIC_SEVERE: [Thread Hashcode: 26501254] User Name or Password is null

2007-11-28 14:30:13,824 WARN [com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPLoggedException] UserM:GENERIC_WARNING: [Thread Hashcode: 26501254] | [AuthenticationManagerBean] errorCode:12803 errorCodeHEX:0x3203 message:None of the Auth Provider could authenticate the user. Authentication Failed chainedException:java.lang.Exception: User Name or Password is nullchainedExceptionMessage:User Name or Password is null chainedException trace:java.lang.Exception: User Name or Password is null

at com.adobe.idp.um.provider.authentication.LDAPAuthProviderImpl.doAuth(LDAPAuthProviderImpl.java:111)

at com.adobe.idp.um.provider.authentication.LDAPAuthProviderImpl.authenticate(LDAPAuthProviderImpl.java:89)

at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication.AuthenticationManagerBean.authenticate(AuthenticationManagerBean.java:609)

at com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication.AuthenticationManagerBean.authenticate(AuthenticationManagerBean.java:251)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor385.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)

at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:389)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)

Level 3
Ok Iv got past that error above by re-entering the user name and password ... musta been a typo ... DOH !!<br /><br />but its now saying im using an illegal character ... my untrained eye cant find it :o(<br /><br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,495 INFO [com.adobe.pdfg.BMCCaller] ALC-PDG-001-016-log2.txt: Job Type: Convert to PDF<br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,495 INFO [com.adobe.pdfg.BMCCaller] ALC-PDG-001-027-log2.txt: Job Completion Status: Succeeded<br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,495 INFO [com.adobe.pdfg.BMCCaller] ALC-PDG-001-025-log2.txt: Time Job Completed: 28/11/07 15:26<br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,495 INFO [com.adobe.pdfg.BMCCaller] ALC-PDG-001-026-log2.txt: Time of Job Execution: 23,500 ms<br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,792 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailWriterImpl] EmailWriterImpl error : Illegal character in local name<br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,792 INFO [STDOUT] javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal character in local name in string ``cld1\srv_pdfgen''<br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,792 INFO [STDOUT] at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.checkAddress(InternetAddress.java:903)<br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,792 INFO [STDOUT] at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.parse(InternetAddress.java:793)<br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,792 INFO [STDOUT] at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.parse(InternetAddress.java:529)<br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,792 INFO [STDOUT] at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.<init>(InternetAddress.java:65)<br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,792 INFO [STDOUT] at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailWriterImpl.send(EmailWriterImpl.java:156)<br /><br />...Loads more log ...<br /><br />Then this:<br /><br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,792 INFO [STDOUT] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)<br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,792 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.write.EmailResultHandlerImpl] Failed to send email Error = Internal error.<br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,792 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.write.EmailResultHandlerImpl] Failed to send email, write results to local directory<br />2007-11-28 15:26:47,823 ERROR [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.write.EmailResultHandlerImpl] Internal error.<br />2007-11-28 15:26:53,183 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] begins process emails: <br />2007-11-28 15:26:53,230 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] done process emails: <br />2007-11-28 15:26:53,230 INFO [com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.email.impl.EmailReaderImpl] unlock EmailSource : cld1\pdfgen@HEAD<br /><br />Any ideas ???

Level 10
Did you also put the password for SuperAdmin?

Can you send the CausedBy sectin of the error as well?

Jasmin

Level 3
There doesn't seem to be a CausedBy section in the log extract i have.

Could the illegal character be related to the email address i set up ?

Level 10
So it initiates you process properly. I think the problem is when it tries to send an email back to the sender with the output parameter that you get an error (unless you use a Send Email in your process after the Convert to PDF).

I find strange the error with the illegal character for the string ``cld1\srv_pdfgen'' . I don't understand why the quotes are different.

Can you type again the information for the SMTP settings since the pop3 part seems to be fine? Are you using this cld1\srv_pdfgen account in the configuration?

Jasmin

Level 3
I have since fixed this problem ... It was a problem with the sender address in the configuration of the email end-point.

The quotes were exactly like that in the log file so i don't know what happened there.

Thanks Jasmin.