Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

email endpoint without attachments

Former Community Member
I have an email endpoint. I wish to extract the data from the body of the it self. I can extarct the body by setting %BODY% as input parameter. But the html formatting is lost.

Is there any way to extract the body, maintaining the html formatting/rich text? I mean besides using string variable could I use some other variable? maybe binary?
4 Replies

Level 4
Hi Sylvan,

I have had the same problem as you. I opend a Support Request for this and they awnsered me that HTML-body is not supported by the EmailEndpoint.

Maybe you could try and use the Email-reciever service from Workbench, that worked for me.

Regards,

Former Community Member
hmm i guess i'll have to do it that way then. But in this case I hav e to manually keep polling the inbox to see if an email has come to the inbox, right?

Level 4
Hi Sylvan,

Yes, we created a java application to do the job.

Regards,

RonnyR

Level 9
Instead of creating a Java application, you could just create a simple LiveCycle process that uses a combination of EmailReceiver, Wait, and invoking a subprocess, and then loops, to receive the incoming email.

It's just a little simpler to implement and manage than a custom Java application, although it achieves a similar result.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com