Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Email Configuration

Former Community Member
Hello All,

On the livecycle server, we can configure email setting, for each task assignment. Lets say I have two or more processes running on the same server and the email message will differ according to the process.

Now my question is, how can we configure email settings at the process level. So that the email sent will have different messages according to the process?

Thanks

Deepak.
10 Replies

Level 10
What you can do is create custom email templates.

Go under Custom Email Templates in the User step. You can create different custom templates and make sure to use the same custom template for every process as oppose to the one on the server.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hi Jasmin,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

i' m glad that this can be done.

Where do i have to do this? In the admin console? or in the process flow (in workbench)?

Thanks

Deepak

Level 10
Go under "Custom Email Templates" on the User step, in workbench.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
User step you mean Assign Task? Under Assign task configuration there is no 'Custom Email Templates'.

One more question: If we have configured the custom email, then will the default email setting at the server level be dissabled or the user will be getting two mails one from the server mail and the other from the custom email.

Deepak

Level 10
"User step you mean Assign Task?"

Yes, sorry.

"Under Assign task configuration there is no 'Custom Email Templates'. "

Which version are you using?

"One more question: If we have configured the custom email, then will the default email setting at the server level be disabled or the user will be getting two mails one from the server mail and the other from the custom email. "

They will receive two emails if they have set their property in Workspace to receive email notification.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hello Jasmin,

I'm using 8.0.1, later i have plans to migrate it to 8.2.

If i have many Assign Task in my process flow, then do i need to configure it for each control.

Deepak

Level 10
Yes you do need to configure it for every control. You just need to select the custom template from the drop down.

Jasmin

Employee Advisor

Hi Deepak

If you are suing 801 and do not see the custom template in the Assign Task service operation, you can use the TaskAssigned event to send customized email based on the process.

thanks

girish

mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Level 3

Hello all,

In ES 8.0.1 there is no custom email template.  What i have to do.  Is the same feature in 8.2 ?

@girish:  Can u please briefly explain me in detail your answer.  If u provide me step by step configuration or any link that contain that it would be really helpful.

Deepak

Employee Advisor

Hi

You create a new longlived process

drag the TaskAssignedEvent on to the process

Select "Start Point" when the event behaviour dialog box pops up

this means you are starting theis process every time a Task is created . You then define variables for your process. For this purpose, I defined a variable called AssignedUser of type string. Make sure it is marked as input. **You must mark all variables as input if you want to capture event data into your process variables"

Then the process queries the DB to get the user's commonname,email. In 821 there is FindUser operation which will fetch you all the user details. I am not sure if 801 has it

Then you customize the email that needs to be sent to the user

please import the attached lca

it should get imported into a category called "ESBlog"

This process will get executed every time a task is created

you can filter this in the task event properties