Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email and XML **Figured out with other posts suggestion**

Former Community Member
Hello all,

First let me say thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to read this and post a response. A double big thanks for a response that works.

I have created a form that once filled in and saved I want to be able to mail to a group of people. I have created this group and saved them in a unique email. I am able to send the file to the group, and they can see my file is there but the trouble is that it is saved and sent to them as xml, not pdf. They are then unable to read it, or open it despite having adobe 7 or greater. I feel this is a simple oversight on my part, and what ever is under my nose I miss. So I would appreciate any help on this matter.

I have an additional question attached to the subject of email. I want to know if it is possible to have a form be routed once a group fills in their appropriate section so A fills out, and sends to B and so on and so forth so that by the time it gets to G it is complete, and can be finalized. Again, if this makes your eyes roll in OMG what a noob understand that the only programming I do is my tivo, and my car radio and that sometimes foils me too ;)
2 Replies

Level 4
You need to save the form in Acrobat 8 and enable the "Reader Extensions" to be able to send the completed form via email.

I have no idea on the second question . . . but my initial impression is that if the recipients are the same each time, you could either use a dropdown list of the email addresses and have the user pick the next one, or use a blank "mailto:" so that the user could type in the email address of the next recipient if the recipient list isn't static.

Former Community Member
Plese can someone help me.

I am converting a word document to a PDF. I added reference to Acrobat.dll to C# project and then wrote the following method and it works fine but not sure whether this would work with large volume data? Is this code thread safe? I tried this code and it runs very slow.

private void WordToPdf(string inputDocumentName, string outputPDFName)

{

// Create an Acrobat Application object

Type AcrobatAppType;

AcrobatAppType = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("AcroExch.App");

Acrobat.CAcroApp oAdobeApp = (Acrobat.CAcroApp)Activator.CreateInstance(AcrobatAppType);

// Create an Acrobat AV Document object;

Type AcrobatAvType;

AcrobatAvType = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("AcroExch.AVDoc");

Acrobat.CAcroAVDoc oAdobeAVDoc = (Acrobat.CAcroAVDoc)Activator.CreateInstance(AcrobatAvType);

// Create an Acrobat Document object;

Type AcrobatPDDocType;

AcrobatPDDocType = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("AcroExch.PDDoc");

Acrobat.CAcroPDDoc oAdobePDDoc = (Acrobat.CAcroPDDoc)Activator.CreateInstance(AcrobatPDDocType);

if (oAdobeAVDoc.Open(inputDocumentName,""))

{

oAdobePDDoc = (Acrobat.CAcroPDDoc)oAdobeAVDoc.GetPDDoc();

oAdobePDDoc.Save(1,@"c:\input.pdf" );

oAdobePDDoc.Close();

oAdobeAVDoc.Close(1);

oAdobeApp.CloseAllDocs();

oAdobeApp.Exit();

}

}