Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email Activity and admin notification

Former Community Member
I have a problem sending emails using email services activity, everytime i try the process stall's but to my surprise the system does not even send me stall action email notification eventhough i have set it up in the adminui. I think i have configured the email activity under components>emailcomponent>activeservices>Sendemailservices 1.0>editservices configuration. and restarted the service but still i don't get any joy.

Here is the log message from the log file.

2009-03-19 08:41:19,906 ERROR [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] stalling action-instance: 1201 with message: Incorrect SMTP server provided: java.lang.Exception: Incorrect SMTP server provided

at com.adobe.livecycle.sample.email.EmailServiceImpl.send(EmailServiceImpl.java:232)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:118)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:342)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:212)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor326.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)

at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:363)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)

at $Proxy169.doSupports(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:104)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationStrategyInterceptor.intercept(InvocationStrategyInterceptor.java:55)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.ja
2 Replies

Level 10
You can configure the service two ways.

You can configure it the way you did (under Components). But you need to make sure you check the "Use Configuration Options" checkbox in the Connection Settings tab.

Otherwise you'll need to put the configuration in the email step under Connection Settings.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
For some reasons i think the problem is actually bigger than the email action itself, because as the administrator i still dont get Administrator notifications even though i have checked "Enable Stall operation and Enable Stall Branch" check boxes.

I did as you advised about the email action settings but i'm still getting the following message in my log file:

2009-03-23 13:26:00,067 WARN [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.SendMailFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.EmailServiceImpl.sendWithMapOfAttachments(EmailServiceImpl.java:738)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.EmailServiceImpl.sendWithDocument(EmailServiceImpl.java:353)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:118)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:342)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:212)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor329.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)

at $Proxy169.doSupports(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)

at $Proxy202.asyncInvokeProcessCommand(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessCommandControllerBean.doOnMessage(ProcessCommandControllerBean.java:156)

at org.jboss.mq.SpyMessageConsumer.addMessage(SpyMessageConsumer.java:160)

at org.jboss.mq.SpySession.run(SpySession.java:333)

at org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSession.run(StdServerSession.java:180)

at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:748)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2009-03-23 13:26:00,161 WARN [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.SendMailFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.EmailServiceImpl.sendWithMapOfAttachments(EmailServiceImpl.java:738)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.EmailServiceImpl.sendWithDocument(EmailServiceImpl.java:353)

2009-03-23 13:26:00,161 ERROR [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] stalling action-instance: 1481 with message: 550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused

: com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.SendMailFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor329.invoke(Unknown Source)

2009-03-23 13:26:00,317 WARN [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] Email failed to send due to the following exception:550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused

2009-03-23 13:26:04,177 INFO [STDOUT] 2009/03/23 1:26:04 PM com.adobe.idp.event.util.EventDBHelper getEventByPrimaryKey

SEVERE: **************************************************************

2009-03-23 13:26:04,177 INFO [STDOUT] 2009/03/23 1:26:04 PM com.adobe.idp.event.util.EventDBHelper getEventByPrimaryKey

SEVERE: Event with id 2315 is already deleted or does not exist.

SEVERE: Event with id 2315 is already deleted or does not exist.

2009-03-23 13:26:04,177 INFO [STDOUT] 2009/03/23 1:26:04 PM com.adobe.idp.scheduler.callback.ServiceCallbackHandler execute

SEVERE: Exception thrown while calling back a DSC componentEvent instance with id 2315 does not exist.