Expand my Community achievements bar.

dynamically bind a dropdownlist with button Livecycle 8.2

Former Community Member
Can someone please tell me why this code does not work? Nothing happens when I click the button. The dropdownlist populates fine when the form loads, but I cannot get it to repopulate. I have tried hardcoding the parameter with aLike, =, etc.

topmostSubform.Page1.Button1::click - (FormCalc, client)

var sCategoryId = sname.rawValue

var oDataConn = Ref(xfa.sourceSet.DataConnection.clone(1))

oDataConn.#command.query.commandType = "text"

oDataConn.#command.query.select = concat("SELECT * FROM oca WHERE last Alike '", sCategoryId, "'" )

oDataConn.open()

DropDownList1.#bindItems

regards

Milton
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Not sure what you are trying to do with the bindItems call. Are you trying to change the binding of the dropdownlist on the fly?

Former Community Member
Yes, I found the following example. I am trying to connect it to an access db. I tried the following code and I can see that at least one record is found with the select statement. However, the while statement does not populate the dropdownlist with any data. the last line is able to add one list item manually. Can you tell me what is wrong with this code? The oca table does have myname and id as fields. This formcalc script runs with a button click event.

oDataConn.nodes.item(1).query.select.nodes.item(0).value = concat("SELECT * FROM oca WHERE last Alike '", sCategoryId, "'" )

oDataConn.open()

DropDownList1.clearItems()

DropDownList1.rawValue = ""

while (-oDataConn.isEOF()) do

xfa.host.messageBox(xfa.record.DataConnection.inet.value + " " + xfa.record.DataConnection.ID.value)

oDataConn.next()

endwhile

DropDownList1.addItem("Milton", "21300")

oDataConn.close()

Former Community Member
I posted the wrong code. I did not have the addItem inside the while Loop. I have been doing more testing. I now see the problem is the while statement. What is the correct syntax for:

oDataConn.nodes.item(1).query.select.nodes.item(0).value = concat("SELECT * FROM oca WHERE last Alike '", sCategoryId, "'" )

oDataConn.open()

DropDownList1.clearItems()

DropDownList1.rawValue = ""

DropDownList1.addItem(xfa.record.DataConnection.myname.value, xfa.record.DataConnection.ID.value)

oDataConn.next()

endwhile

DropDownList1.addItem("Milton", "21300")

oDataConn.close()