Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic Subform Validation

Former Community Member
Hi,

I am new to adobe Livecycle and have created a form that has a repeating subform. This subform is only visible when a checkbox is checked. When the box is checked the fields then become required. My problem is that in the initial subform this works fine, but as i add, the required fields don't become required. How can I resolve this?

Thanks
3 Replies

Level 7
Is the check box in the same (repeating) subform as the fields that need to be required ?

This way for every instance all the functionality will continue from the initial subform.

Aditya

Former Community Member
at the moment, the checkbox is above the repeating fields, and I have created a button that creates the new instance. Should i change that and place the code from the button in the checkbox, within the repeating data?

Level 7
You should make the the check box a child element of the repeating subform (with the fields). In other words, the required fields and the checkbox should be within the same subform.

This way when you add an instance the check box is repeated with the subform and the same code will work for its instance.

Aditya