Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dynamic Sorting and Grouping according to User Preferences

Former Community Member
I currently have LiveCycle ES Designer in house and we are considering purchase of the Enterprise Suite.

Can anyone provide me with information or direct me to information that would explain whether LiveCycle forms have the ability to handle dynamic sorting and grouping behind the scenes to display information in a form according to user preferences?

I'm working as the forms designer and the programmers on my team are trying to determine how to utilize the forms for displaying information. They want to know if the LiveCycle forms can be used to display the information we need to provide our users with, or if they should opt for Crystal Reports or the like.

The goal is to have the user choose the information they want to appear on the form and have this information be gathered from a database and displayed on the form. They want to do this without "rewriting" for each type of request that the users might come up with.

If this can't be handled by the form, is this something that a different tool/piece of the LiveCycle Enterprise Suite addresses reporting needs?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Karen
1 Reply

Former Community Member
The forms themselves will not do sorting of rows without a lot of work and effort. In a Fkex app you can do what you are askinng with great ease.