Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic Forms and WF

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have designed a dynamic form, where user can add rows dynamically by clicking a button on the form, the form is working fine in preview in designer.

this form is initiating a LC WF process, but, if I deploy this form to form manager as an XDP and choose to render it to PDF, adding rows function does not work, however if I save this as dynamic PDF from LC designer and deploy it again to form manager, it works !!

However, I can not use PDF generated from LC Designer since I found that commenting and annotations are not working ( I am using acrobat ) which is an important feature, also, web services calls are not working even, again from Acrobat!

How can I set the form server installed with workflow server to render XDP templates into dynamic PDF forms ?

Or alternatively how to enable commenting and fix web service calls in PDF rendered form ?

Thank you for help,

Greetings,
3 Replies

Former Community Member
By default Forms and Form Manager are configured to render a PDF as either static or dynamic based on some values in the XDP. By default those values will tell it to render a static PDF. What you can do, in Designer save as a dynamic PDF, then open the dynamic PDF in Designer and save as an XDP. Upload that XDP to Form Manager, the tags will be present to tell it to be rendered as a dynamic PDF. There's a better way if you are using Designer 7.1 and Forms 7.1, but since I don't know your environment this is a way that will work regardless of versions.

Annotations will not work in dynamic PDF's though. Currently annotations make no sense in dyanmic PDF's since the template of the PDF can dynamically change while annotations are bound to a specific location. IE: You have a dynamic PDF that is initial 4 pages and add an annotation to page 4. Later the template of the PDF changes based on data and user interaction and it is now a 2 page PDF, but the annotation is still on page 4 which no longer exists...

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Thank you Chris for your informative reply,

Regarding the annotations, in many cases we will have forms that contain parts that will not change i.e. grow or shrink based on data and other parts that will change, for example a tasks weekly report will typically contain a static initoar info section in addition to a dynamic table for tasks.

So, it makes sense at least from end user point of view to be able to annotate, stamp, or put a markup on at least first part of the form!

Annotations and commenting tools are strong point when presenting LC WF to customers and we I am not sure how can we justify its unavailability in dynamic forms in scenario I explained above.

Greetings,

Former Community Member
I can't disagree with you that from an end user perspective it's desirable, but at the moment it's not technically feasible. Maybe/hopefully that will change in the future.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support