Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Dyamic landscape table that flows into portrait page.

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have a form that transitions from portrait, to landscape, and back to portrait. The landscape pages contain a dynamic table where users can click a button to add rows. I have applied the landscape master page to the landscape pages and the portrait master page to the following pages. The problem is that in the PDF preview, when the landscape table flows onto another page, it renders incorrectly because it is trying to use the portrait page. What do I need to do on the Pagination tab to make the table flow properly to another landscape page?

Thanks...Jenn
8 Replies

Former Community Member
For the "page" which is on the landscape master page (LandscapeMasterPage), you need to set overflow settings under object, pagination. Under If Data Must Be Paginated, Overflow should be set to "Got to Page "LandscapeMasterPage""

Former Community Member
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately the pagination tab for the master page does not give me those options. It only gives me the page numbering options. I have applied the pagination option you suggested to the page where I have applied the landscape master page, however, it still flows into a portrait page. Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks again...Jenn

Former Community Member
The pagination obtions are not for the master page, but for the subform which is on it....

Former Community Member
Hi again,

Perhaps I misunderstood there. I just tried adding a subform to my landscape master page. All of the pagination options for the subform on the master page are greyed out, as well as the Allow Page Breaks within Content option on the Subform tab.

- Jenn

Former Community Member
Ok,

so you have 2 master Pages... (orange icons) one landscape, and one portrait..

Then the content that you want to be on your form is on Subforms (or (pages)(white page icon)... it is on these subforms that you want to change the pagination options NOT on the master page..

Would send an example, but I don't have lifecycle on this computer..

Former Community Member
I am doing exactly that. Thanks for your help. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it will not flow properly.

Former Community Member
Upon further reading on this forum, it seems the PDF renders correctly and the pagination works as intended in Reader 7 to 8.0. It seems version 8.1.1 of Reader has a bug that has broken the pagination. I tested this in a few versions of Reader and it is in fact true.

- Jenn

Former Community Member
I am having the same problem using Livecycle 8.05. I have set the pagination 'Overflow' to the master page I want, but it will not render to the correct master page. Has there been any resolution to this issue? Is it indeed a bug? Does anyone have a work-around?

-Troy